2005 corolla sportivo mods!

hi all,

i recently purchased a 2005 corolla sportivo and i am very happy with my purchase :toast:

post-27422-0-92488700-1330923810_thumb.j

and now i am looking to do a few mods here and there to help it reach its full potential. can anyone give me some info on what mods i should do?

what sort of power gains they achieved?

brands/makes and costs?

i.e cold air intake?

exhaust

headers

etc

i am very keen to start modding my sportivo and if anyone is selling a few parts i'd be keen to hear from them ^_^

cheers

Michael

looks great mate, nice and clean! Do the genreal mods first i.e

- Lower the car, coilovers/springs etc.

- HID headlights/foggies

- Rims

- CAI

- TINT

If you need parts keep your eye on the buy & sell sub forum!

The car is lowered at the moment on king springs but Im thinking of changing to some tein coilovers?? not sure yet, see how my budget goes lol

Im Also looking at the TRD CAI but apparently they are discontinued??

As for the exhaust I have no clue where to go??? Anyone wanna shed some light on this area haha

Cheers

struts/sway bars,

amen to that brother :D

The car is lowered at the moment on king springs but Im thinking of changing to some tein coilovers?? not sure yet, see how my budget goes lol

Im Also looking at the TRD CAI but apparently they are discontinued??

As for the exhaust I have no clue where to go??? Anyone wanna shed some light on this area haha

Cheers

Yeah they don't make the TRD one anymore, but Injen still makes em, I got one in the post for mine. Part number I think is RD2082P. As for exhaust you can go for the more expensive option with proven gains (CES racing in Queensland makes a stainless steel catback for about $1080 i think, plus postage at your expense) or you can go around and find a trustworthy exhaust shop in your state, just ask for a quote for a 2.5" mandrel bent catback. Oh and don't forget to get a resonator or two installed unless you like the sound of a Honda :P Whether you want mild steel or stainless is your choice i guess, i just went stainless for the looks :D

Very clean ride, good luck!

correct part number for the injen for the corolla sportivo/matrix XRS is RD2075 for prefacelift and i think RD2076 for the facelift. the difference between the two is that the RD2075 is a single piece pipe and the RD2076 is the 2 seperate pipe i think to accomodate the size of the foggy.

i have fitted a RD2075 pipe in a facelift before with the owner pushing the damn thing up and bending some clips :P

the letter at the end denotes the colour of the pipe itself

At the moment I'm looking for a second hand TRD CAI but if I can't find one I'm gonna use injen, I'm jus wondering if they have the same power gains??

And also do TRD still make the sways and struts for the sportivo??

On nengun.com I saw that TRD made an exhaust for the sportivo or is that just a muffler??

Cheers

correct part number for the injen for the corolla sportivo/matrix XRS is RD2075 for prefacelift and i think RD2076 for the facelift. the difference between the two is that the RD2075 is a single piece pipe and the RD2076 is the 2 seperate pipe i think to accomodate the size of the foggy.

i have fitted a RD2075 pipe in a facelift before with the owner pushing the damn thing up and bending some clips :P

Oh. The RD2082 is made for the xrs as well so i guess it should fit, someone with a silver facelift on the forums got one in, i forgot who! Not sure what the significance of the numbers are though

Oh. The RD2082 is made for the xrs as well so i guess it should fit, someone with a silver facelift on the forums got one in, i forgot who! Not sure what the significance of the numbers are though

Yip fits perfectly thats what I have on my 2005 2zz corolla. Also it only has one extra hole to block where as some other models have two. I just slipped a 21mm(from memory) chair leg cap over the hole. There is a picture in my rides thread

Looks like the injen rd2082p is the way to go?? Hopefully it's not too hard to fit?!!

Will a piggy back ECU to control fuel and air do much to te sportivo or is it a waste??

with all the base mods - cai, exhaust, coilovers a power fc will make a whole world of difference - its really the link that allows you to make the fullest potential from all your mods.

somes new headers wouldnt hurt either.

At the moment I'm looking for a second hand TRD CAI but if I can't find one I'm gonna use injen, I'm jus wondering if they have the same power gains??

On nengun.com I saw that TRD made an exhaust for the sportivo or is that just a muffler??

Cheers

the trd CAI is good but i found the injen one to be a better fit. the TRD CAI i had was dangling and i didn't like this much. there is a bracket you need to mod (which i didnt get when i bought the TRD) u need to cut the top section of it in order to fit it SECURELY in our chassis. the injen one has a mount that i used on the stivo with it lining up perfectly with one of the bolt holes inthe chassis which happened to not be used. :)

also the injen CAI was a bit shorter so i didn't have to push the pod all the way up just to clear the front bar and foggy so more air is being sucked in at all areas of the pod instead of just the top section. i instantly got a nice pull all throughout the rev range when i gave it abit after installing it. i do not know if its whether i had the stock box in for a while but i definately can tell it is better than the TRD CAI when i had it. pod will make a difference too. make sure you get the right one. i use 3A racing pod for flow and filtration. they did a pod shootout a couple years back. google it.

that muffler one on nengun is just an axle back. the TRD brand discontinued all the bars not long ago. (i know as i tried to get my hands on them). i settled brand new with the next best thing which was cusco. they make great products. made in japan so the quality is there.

Cheers

the trd CAI is good but i found the injen one to be a better fit. the TRD CAI i had was dangling and i didn't like this much. there is a bracket you need to mod (which i didnt get when i bought the TRD) u need to cut the top section of it in order to fit it SECURELY in our chassis. the injen one has a mount that i used on the stivo with it lining up perfectly with one of the bolt holes inthe chassis which happened to not be used. :)

also the injen CAI was a bit shorter so i didn't have to push the pod all the way up just to clear the front bar and foggy so more air is being sucked in at all areas of the pod instead of just the top section. i instantly got a nice pull all throughout the rev range when i gave it abit after installing it. i do not know if its whether i had the stock box in for a while but i definately can tell it is better than the TRD CAI when i had it. pod will make a difference too. make sure you get the right one. i use 3A racing pod for flow and filtration. they did a pod shootout a couple years back. google it.

that muffler one on nengun is just an axle back. the TRD brand discontinued all the bars not long ago. (i know as i tried to get my hands on them). i settled brand new with the next best thing which was cusco. they make great products. made in japan so the quality is there.

Thanks for all the info Kenshin X, it looks like you have swayed me more towards the injen CAI :D what part number will be the best fit for mine? I have the face lift model, you say the RD 2075 if I'm correct? Is that a one piece or 2 piece?

As for the sways Ive heard that Cusco have a good rep so I'm thinking about getting them too, wherabouts did you get them from? And what's price range?

And as for the exhaust I'm still confused about what to get??!!! I don't want something that Is overly loud so I'm thinking varex but they are very expensive I have heard??

Cheers

exhaust would be the 2.5 inch mandrel bent stainless steel system. i use the varex its the best for what i use it for.

CES is another good product. i havent tried this but its a bolt on system direct from CES. they make CAI too if u want that as well

How much did the stainless steel 2.5" with varex cost you? Because I've looked at the CES exhaust system and that's a bit over a grand!!! pretty expensive and it's in QLD, I would also have to ship it to Sydney

got mine for 250 + 160 for the reso install. varex was 2nd hand so i got that for pretty cheap. all together was very cheap exhaust which works a treat for my 2zz :)

Looks like the injen rd2082p is the way to go?? Hopefully it's not too hard to fit?!!

Will a piggy back ECU to control fuel and air do much to te sportivo or is it a waste??

Yip the rd2082 is the right one I have it on my 2005 facelift corolla, perfect fit easy to install.

from the photo reliable's got of his ride, it looks like its 2 peice. u CAN fit the 1 peice RD2075 but its really fiddly and u may need to use a shorter pod so the foggy can fit as well.

got mine for 250 + 160 for the reso install. varex was 2nd hand so i got that for pretty cheap. all together was very cheap exhaust which works a treat for my 2zz :)

I'd love to find a second hand one, wherabouts did you find it? And which one did you use? Are they all the same fit?

I'd love to find a second hand one, wherabouts did you find it? And which one did you use? Are they all the same fit?

I would suggest getting one with an oval body. I got a round one, it hangs down pretty low and damn it scrapes..my cars above legal height as well -.- And I'd like to know where to get a second hand one as well, but in case you cant find one your best bet would be to get one off eBay. I don't know how it is up in Sydney but here in Melbourne most shops wont charge anything under $500 for a brand new Varex, whereas eBay sells them for about $400.