2005 corolla sportivo mods!

Lift123,

Depends on your budget, i was modding plenty and you can get your parts from

monkeywrenchracing.com

u can find intakes on the website but just make sure u keep your orders below 1K otherwise u will get hit with like import taxes

I have intake, headers, high flow cat - 2'5" exhaust

I also have stage 2 cams + greddy emanage ultimate so i dont blow my engine

Got aTRD thermostat to lower the running temp. Hard to get the powerfc for a good price nowadays and I dont feel like forking out over 1k. If i manage to find one for a good price I would snap it up though.

I recently had a problem with the cams because the car wouldnt rev past 7.2k rpm, I found out that it was a faulty oil pressure sensor next to the VVL solenoid replaced that and now it works a treat.

I bought the parts for a full head rebuild with 9.5krpm springs and flat face valves to increase compression from monkey wrench racing. however havent bothered to put them in yet.

Depends on what your budget is really though.

also a good website is:-

http://2zzge.com/library/Corolla%202ZZGE/

that will give u the knowhow to do all works on your car/maintenace

where abouts you based?

Lift123,

Depends on your budget, i was modding plenty and you can get your parts from

monkeywrenchracing.com

u can find intakes on the website but just make sure u keep your orders below 1K otherwise u will get hit with like import taxes

I have intake, headers, high flow cat - 2'5" exhaust

I also have stage 2 cams + greddy emanage ultimate so i dont blow my engine

Got aTRD thermostat to lower the running temp. Hard to get the powerfc for a good price nowadays and I dont feel like forking out over 1k. If i manage to find one for a good price I would snap it up though.

I recently had a problem with the cams because the car wouldnt rev past 7.2k rpm, I found out that it was a faulty oil pressure sensor next to the VVL solenoid replaced that and now it works a treat.

I bought the parts for a full head rebuild with 9.5krpm springs and flat face valves to increase compression from monkey wrench racing. however havent bothered to put them in yet.

Depends on what your budget is really though.

also a good website is:-

http://2zzge.com/library/Corolla%202ZZGE/

that will give u the knowhow to do all works on your car/maintenace

where abouts you based?

Wow that's alot of info redtivo :D I understand all of that apart from the stage 2 cams with the GreedyE-manage??? And the flat race valves??

I'm guessing these parts do add alot of power but at a cost$$$ haha

As for the VVL oil pressure problem, I had the exact same thing when I purchased the car, was an easy fix and now it runs like a dream :D

I would love to do all the mods you have however my budget is limited for the time being, for starters I'm looking at the intake, headers and exhaust, then I will move on to the more technical sides of things :D

What sort of kilowatts is your car putting out now?

And I'm situated in the inner west suburbs of sydney, how about you?

Cheers for all the info, hopefully I can catch up to you ;)

Add alot of power? Na cars gains are very minimal compared to a f.i setup.. IMO not worth it,yes cai and headers worth it cause it's not thousands, each to their own, u earn the $ u can do what ever u like

Though would be sick to see a stivo rev to 9.5

Don't forget oil pump

I understand the gains won't be anywhere near a car with turbo or supercharger but then again I'm still on my P's but I'd still like a little more power :D

Does anyone like the hurricane extractors?? I found them on eBay for $590. Is it worth it?

I understand the gains won't be anywhere near a car with turbo or supercharger but then again I'm still on my P's but I'd still like a little more power :D

Does anyone like the hurricane extractors?? I found them on eBay for $590. Is it worth it?

I'm yet to see an independent dyno proving gains on the hurricanes. PPE extractors are $553USD and the shipping is about $120USD. So about $650 AUD to your door at the moment, and have proven gains. Keep in mind you'll need a 2.5" mandrel bent system behind it. So upgrade the exhaust first, but have the cat mounted rearwards about 8" to allow for the extractors to be fitted easily in the future if need be. PPE also make CAIs if you wanted to save on shipping by combining.

If you want revs over 8700 rpm, and be reliable, the oil pump should be upgraded, same with the valves and springs. The stock valves are prone to snapping at the retainers with sustained high revs, which will only be compounded by running well above the stock 8200rpm limiter. Go with the flat faced valves as they increase the compression a poof-teenth. They weigh the same as the stock valves, so no need to worry about increasing the valve train weight with them. It's a bit of mucking about changing the valves over, so make sure you go to someone with 2zz experience; and no, Toyota don't have 2zz experience (not to mention they don't install aftermarket parts). But sounds like you need to do the bolt ons first, before doing the internals.

My 2 cents, do handling mods. Especially cause your still on the P's and they are more easily hidden then power mods. Rear sway is best bang for buck, Whiteline, Cusco, Ultra Racing are a few brands that come to mind. The other thing is you can easily enjoy handling mods on the street. But IMO, the best mod you can ever do is tyres. Just think about the only thing that connects your car to the road ...

My 2 cents, do handling mods. Especially cause your still on the P's and they are more easily hidden then power mods. Rear sway is best bang for buck, Whiteline, Cusco, Ultra Racing are a few brands that come to mind. The other thing is you can easily enjoy handling mods on the street. But IMO, the best mod you can ever do is tyres. Just think about the only thing that connects your car to the road ...

Handling is one thing I will definetly be doing and the tyres that came with the car are brand new but are a knock-off brand, I'm looking at proxes r888 but then again they do wear out alot quicker and are very pricey or there are the proxes4?? , anyone want to suggest some good tyres??

i went to liverpool exhaust and ask them about full exhaust system,they are the only one that deals with hurricane extractors. got the quote from the guy but some of the stuff he said didn't sound right.

Yeah, Yokohama A-Drive R1's were my first tyres I put on after getting the car as the stock tyres had not much left when I bought it. I'd call them a sporty tyre, not a sports tyre so there are better tyres out there that have more grip but R1's last quite a while. I have mates that run Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001's (MY00 WRX & A3 1.8T) and have heard no complaints. But one of my mates has Federal 595 RSR's which are quite close to that legal/illegal line. They are quite a soft compound so they perform great in the dry and even in the wet (so I have been told from mate with AW11 MR2) and even have a semi decent life for what they are. Thats possibly my next choice in tyre as my car is now a weekender only and I don't need the longevity.

As for other tyre brands, I believe the search bar will give you plenty of great answers as the above brands are the ones I have some knowledge on

do all the handling mods and upgrade the drivetrain is first should do I would say. performance mods just do the intake and full exhaust is good enough for day today. have a think about the magnaflow exhaust as well. I got all positive feedbacks from fellow stivo owners when I had them.

do all the handling mods and upgrade the drivetrain is first should do I would say. performance mods just do the intake and full exhaust is good enough for day today. have a think about the magnaflow exhaust as well. I got all positive feedbacks from fellow stivo owners when I had them.

thanks for the advice mark2zz, i am looking at the injen CAI and as for the magnaflow im just wondering who sells them in sydney and what price im looking at??

cheers

Yeah, Yokohama A-Drive R1's were my first tyres I put on after getting the car as the stock tyres had not much left when I bought it. I'd call them a sporty tyre, not a sports tyre so there are better tyres out there that have more grip but R1's last quite a while. I have mates that run Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001's (MY00 WRX & A3 1.8T) and have heard no complaints. But one of my mates has Federal 595 RSR's which are quite close to that legal/illegal line. They are quite a soft compound so they perform great in the dry and even in the wet (so I have been told from mate with AW11 MR2) and even have a semi decent life for what they are. Thats possibly my next choice in tyre as my car is now a weekender only and I don't need the longevity.

As for other tyre brands, I believe the search bar will give you plenty of great answers as the above brands are the ones I have some knowledge on

The feds 595's rsr are definetly my next tyre choice :clap:

• 7 years later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, Lift1234 said:

You guys still here i need help for my sportivo i just bought 

Last Post: March 2012

Last Login: June 2012

Chances are you wont get a reply, but feel free to browse the rest of the forum for some information.

Corolla Page:

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/4-corolla-corolla-sportivo-club/

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Nick1807 said:

Is an lsd diff a good investment?

It is but, only if you plan on doing plenty of track days. I mean over $1000 just for the LSD, then taking the gearbox out to install it, and you may as well rebuild it since you have it out. You're likely looking at paying at least $2500+ easily to put one in. I considered one but seeing as I don't track my car, I didn't see the point really.