Is this a fair price?

Might be worth installing a bed and fridge as it sounds like you're practically living in it !

No need for a bed.

With that many klms, he must be driving it in his sleep too.

Well, I got out today and ended up putting a deposit on a car.

2011 Aurion Touring, approx 9000klms,Silver colour, tinted windows, front slimline weather shields, headlight and bonnet protectors, four Aurion carpet mats, with around 4.5 months rego for $27,500.

Took the car for a test drive, it seemed ok.

It has a few minor scratches which the dealer has agreed to fix and the lid to the cup holder only opens to about 3/4ths, so they will be fixing that.

I think I did ok price wise, could possibly have gone a couple of hundred lower, who knows.

Will be picking up the car later this week.

I have been driving my Aurion for a couple of days now.

Impressions.

It looks great in Silver with alloy wheels and a spoiler.

I'm a bit paranoid that it will get scratched. :ph34r:

I'm enjoying the smoothness and the power (when I put the foot down), most of the time I am driving it sensibly and the fuel display has been showing around 10.5 l/100klms. I will also be doing manual calculations on the fuel economy.

My old 1996 4cyl Camry (R.I.P.) used to average 11.5 l/100klms so if I get better than that I will be pretty happy.

I'm getting used to the footbrake and would have liked a bigger removable ashtray/bin. Not that I smoke but for bits of paper or used tissues etc. (was used to this in the old Camry)

Thankfull I haven't got any major or noticeable dashboard creaks.

I pumped up the 215/55 R17 to 37 psi but might reduce it a tad to make the ride a bit more comfortable.

Finally; the staff at Gary McMillan Toyota were great to deal with, so a small plug for them.

I bought my Touring new in 2010 as a run out model, paid $35,000 which was $990 under Redbook but because it was their last one I managed to get included in the price the dealer pack (headlight & bonnet protectors, boot liner, dash mat, floor mats, seat covers(never used) and tinting. Can't belive they are only asking $31k now, but given they are 2011 models and we are almost in the 4th month of 2012, depending on how many they have left you could get heaps of extras thrown in, all you have to do is ask or tell them you want this and this etc, can't hurt.

The new 2012 Aurion is out in a few months so they will be discounting them heavily.

I noticed that there were quite a few Ink Black ones around and these apparently were hard to shift due to the colour.

Seems there aren't enough masochists around that want to maintain a black car.

As my first mod, I am thinking of upgrading to a louder horn. Hehe. ;)

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Edited by prometheus

Perhaps it's a bit of buyers remorse...

I sometimes think I should have taken the car I bought for a longer test drive.

I'm finding the suspension a bit "bouncy" particularly at lower speeds. (maybe this is a sign I'm getting old; though I did find a friend of a freinds Ford Failane (the final series) too floaty in ride when I was in it a while back.

I guess it's to be expected with the 17 inch wheels and 215/55 profile tyres. (Michelins; XMV (from memory)

Perhaps this will be better when the current tyres wear out and I go to something different?

I'd imagine there isn't a whole lot I can do right now to make the ride a bit more cofortable.

Lower the PSI in the tyres a bit?

Your thoughts?