What wheel size on your rukus ?

flexin

Sup guys, just wondering what size each of you guys went with your custom rims, ill be getting my rukus soon and ill be getting some wheels for it.. i am not too sure what size to get, im thinking 19's or 20's, but i also don't want to have any problems with the car rubbing or any other problems etc, ( ill also be lowering the car ) so with that said i still want a smooth ride, would like to get some opinions on this. Thanks

- Jim

Dude I'm rocking 19s on my box but know of people who are running 22s in the states... For comfort I wouldn't go bigger then 19s... But that is also dependent on what you use to lower the car... What were you thinking of? Coil overs, springs and struts or bags the possibility is endless

Dude I'm rocking 19s on my box but know of people who are running 22s in the states... For comfort I wouldn't go bigger then 19s... But that is also dependent on what you use to lower the car... What were you thinking of? Coil overs, springs and struts or bags the possibility is endless

Thanks for the reply, i am planning to drop it with springs so i guess i would be more limited than obviously having bags etc.. i know i am pretty safe goings the 19's only thing is i been browsing through the net @ wheel sites and the majority of styles / designs of the rims seem to be 20's as apposed to the 19's. ( 18's and 20's seem to be the favs ) Don't want to go 18's though!

I know Tempe have done a few rukus up in nsw... Call em up and see what they say..

Yeh, i went on thier website.. and also gave them a call.. the guy wasn't too sure as to what size they were as they dont state on the images.. he said best thing is to bring the car in so they can figure it out..

which is why i thought i might be able to get abit more insight here.. thanks.

• 4 months later...

17 will be the biggest u want to go in term of look, fuel and comfort. tyre on 19 is way too thin unless u have some bmw comfort suspension system.

17x9.5 30 offset will b perfect

17 will be the biggest u want to go in term of look, fuel and comfort. tyre on 19 is way too thin unless u have some bmw comfort suspension system.

17x9.5 30 offset will b perfect

Dude TRD have 19x8 +48 as an option.... Plenty of sidewall available for comfort...

• 8 months later...

Hey Flexin I'm currently running some Koya Driftech 18x7.5 with a 45 tyre and it clears easily :), rides a bit bumpy but definately not as bad as some other cards I've ridden in riding similar sized rims (and I want to chuck on some Tein coilovers if they fit), I got my Rims and some Toyo Tyres from Taleb Tyres (up the road from Tempe Tyres towards Rockdale) for $1300

P.S Flexin I've seen your ride parked in an electricians shop in Banksia before :P

Edited by Crypt

wow old thread lol, i ended up buying xxrs, 19's .. & Crypt, small world aye lols.. you live around the area?, you got some pics of your box?, hi btw!

Hey Flexin I'm currently running some Koya Driftech 18x7.5 with a 45 tyre and it clears easily :), rides a bit bumpy but definately not as bad as some other cards I've ridden in riding similar sized rims (and I want to chuck on some Tein coilovers if they fit), I got my Rims and some Toyo Tyres from Taleb Tyres (up the road from Tempe Tyres towards Rockdale) for $1300

P.S Flexin I've seen your ride parked in an electricians shop in Banksia before :P

what offset? keen to see pics

• 3 weeks later...

Crypt, on 12 Apr 2013 - 16:41, said:snapback.png

what offset? keen to see pics

Hey Nubs

Currently running a +40 offset, below is a link of what they look like, word to the wise though they dont come with a centre cap so the screw thread of your axle (sounds legit) will stick out so pick up a can of black spray paint while your at it :)

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1185

I'll take some pics this weekend and post them up

• Like 1

they look nice man,

take some pics!

also what area you from bra ( no homo )

Will have to this weekend :) Car is currently sitting at Toyota today though :( there's a faulty bearing in the altanator and it make's some pretty bad noises so that's getting replaced under warranty.

I live in Bexley, would love to hit up a car meet soon (once my car has the tein coilovers installed so it doesn't look like it's on stilts).

Did you get aftermarket springs in your ride? (if so did you do it yourself or get someone else to do it?)

they look nice man,

take some pics!

Will have to this weekend :) Car is currently sitting at Toyota today though :( there's a faulty bearing in the altanator and it make's some pretty bad noises so that's getting replaced under warranty.

I live in Bexley, would love to hit up a car meet soon (once my car has the tein coilovers installed so it doesn't look like it's on stilts).

Did you get aftermarket springs in your ride? (if so did you do it yourself or get someone else to do it?)

Faulty Alt? that's no good, me and my old man installed the springs.. i bought tanabe df210's for my box, they sit very nice.. altho my cannons cop a beating.. they arn't going to last too much longer, ill be replacing them with smaller hotdogs next time round, bexley is close bro.. my sis lives there, i live sylvania way, we should def organise a meet,.. i recently got a big audio system put in as well from doran, pulled out all the exisiting speakers, fitted with high end rockfords, 2 x rock amps also and 2 x 12" p3 rocks, the thing screams... you also just reminded me i need to book my service in!

they look nice man,

take some pics!

Faulty Alt? that's no good, me and my old man installed the springs.. i bought tanabe df210's for my box, they sit very nice.. altho my cannons cop a beating.. they arn't going to last too much longer, ill be replacing them with smaller hotdogs next time round, bexley is close bro.. my sis lives there, i live sylvania way, we should def organise a meet,.. i recently got a big audio system put in as well from doran, pulled out all the exisiting speakers, fitted with high end rockfords, 2 x rock amps also and 2 x 12" p3 rocks, the thing screams... you also just reminded me i need to book my service in!

I do remeber seeing those massive cannons while the car was on the lift :) maybe something twin pipe like a Varex muffler?

PS did post another topic in this forum but dont spose you know any reputable mechanics that could do a coilover install?

seeing as you two sydney siders are close to each other...

i hope to see both boxees at the annual next month...

Yeah definately I allready replied to the topic, I'm In!

• 2 months later...

Well at the moment i am running only 16's but at a later date would love to go much bigger but not too much ;) as the guy at Beaurepaires had said & i never forget his Words, he politely informed me that the Bigger You go the More the Bumps you will Feel, but then again What about the old Saying " The Bigger the Better " :spiteful:

Well at the moment i am running only 16's but at a later date would love to go much bigger but not too much ;) as the guy at Beaurepaires had said & i never forget his Words, he politely informed me that the Bigger You go the More the Bumps you will Feel, but then again What about the old Saying " The Bigger the Better " :spiteful:

Maybe instead of wheels you could go suspension? depending on your route can work out a lot cheaper than new wheels?

@Crypt, Yes i think that would be far better than having to buy new Wheels & new rims can start to add up & i am quite happy with my 16's if i was having the money in the beginning i would have gone up a few sizes but my money has gone into the car which i will never regret. The Suspension will be added on the List thank you is great to be back :D

• 2 months later...

with these specs that you have, I think I can do 16x8 with +15 offset. just wondering if I need to do some fender rolling.

On the rear it should'nt be a problem if you're running stock ride height, fronts might be a different story