White paint spots

twitch199

Hi all,

Just finish washing my aurion and noticed all these white paint spots all over the front, side and rear plastic bumpers. The spots are just on the plastic and not metal panels. I tried to polish out but no improvement. Any ideas of what it could be? just so when i get it resprayed it doesn't happen agen.

Cheers Mitch

post-27377-0-18285800-1331531883_thumb.j

post-27377-0-98255900-1331531977_thumb.j

Hi Mitch,

You havent been any place where they have been doing a bit of line marking recently :excl:

On a patch of road thats been resurfaced

Hey, Yeah i thought that and theres heaps of roadworks going on around home and lines, its also been raining heaps. Do you reckon that could have anything to do with it? it seemed the white spots are coming from under the gloss, also its on all plastic bumpers and not on the steel panels.

Hi all,

Just finish washing my aurion and noticed all these white paint spots all over the front, side and rear plastic bumpers. The spots are just on the plastic and not metal panels. I tried to polish out but no improvement. Any ideas of what it could be? just so when i get it resprayed it doesn't happen agen.

Cheers Mitch

Wow. Those images are huge.

Have you tried claying it?

Yeah, if it feels like overspray or paint spots, try your local auto paint shop and get some 'Overspray Clay', it's hard work but worth it, my neighbour use to do a lot off spraying with pressure packs and my last car had white overspray on the whole car, even the glass. Took 3 days but the 3M overspray clay I got was magic at removing it, don't know if you know the stuff but it looked & felt like blue-tac to me, probably was for all I know. If you are sure it's from road line marking paint my brother-in-law works for the local council, I could get him to find out what type of paint they use & how to remove it or you may be able to contact your council and ask them direct. God knows what type of paint they use cause it's got reflective granules or something in it. It looks like water marks but under the clear coat as you said. Hope that helps and you can get rid of it easily. You could take it to a spraypainter and see what their opinion is.

Hey all cheers for the replies, went to a couple of paint shops and they reckon that it has been resprayed and its just the paint under the gloss bubbling????? ****** me! how **** is that, ill try and ask the previous owner on where it got sprayed or try a claim and blame it on road works haha, cheers for the hints

Claim from who?

Hey all cheers for the replies, went to a couple of paint shops and they reckon that it has been resprayed and its just the paint under the gloss bubbling????? ****** me! how **** is that, ill try and ask the previous owner on where it got sprayed or try a claim and blame it on road works haha, cheers for the hints

claim from who?

When my car got badly scratched they had bogged the dent but it wasn't enough to fill it so they mixed up some more and hit it again but the first application hadn't gone off. It had air trapped in it and when the sun would heat the panel the air would expand and bubbles would appear in the paint. All fixed now but could be a similar problem with yours from the rain or if it has been resprayed they may have put the spray putty on too thick and that is causing the problem. Just a tought.