new tyres 245/55/R19 - pricing so far

dissin

Hi all

ive done about 34,000km, and need to replace all 4 tyres :nono:

to stay with the original brand (Bridgestone dueller 400 i think) is $395 a pop fitted!! (Parramatta, Sydney).

alternatives such as Kumho was $328, and Hankook at $308

I prefer to move away from the Bridgestones because I felt they should have lasted longer? - just plain suburban driving, mostly short trips around the burbs.

ANY suggestions, tips or comments?

Hi all

ive done about 34,000km, and need to replace all 4 tyres :nono:

Hi,

same here, I've 30,000 Km. Just came back from my service and they advised to change all 4 tyres (I knew that a while ago by seen the tyres). Coming back here after a very long time to see if there are new comments regarding tyres.

same question, any suggestions?

HI EVERYONE

I have just been reading this topic and im shocked at you guys only getting between 30000kms and 35000kms especialy at the prices of those particular tyres.

I bought my kluger second hand so im not sure what sort of milage you get out of those tyres.

So I would like to ask has any body tried different brands of tyres and the price difference and what sort of run they got out of them, all is it better to stick to bridgestone.

Its been so long since ive had bridgestone tyres on my car ive forgotten what sort of run I got out them.

I'm surprised that people are getting such low km's from their tyres. My car has done almost 70,000km on the original tyres and is now up for its first replacement set. Admittedly the car is a 2WD, the dealer regularly rotated them during servicing, and I've never towed anything. So this might explain the difference.

I'm happy with the original Bridgestones and very interested in pricing as I will need to get a new set soon. I believe the eBay seller's tyres are genuine as they have 100% feedback from thousands of transactions.

I was going to ask If their klugers were 2wd or awd ,my kluger is 2wd as well I cant see been 2wd or awd could wear the tyres down any differently. My tyres seem to wearing pretty good but since I bought the car second hand im not sure of the tyres milage, the tyres were made sometime in 2009 and the car has now 84000kms on it and its a 2007 model.

I got about 60,000 out of the Bridgestones on my AWD. They still had some life left in them too.

I happily replaced them with another set of Bridgestones as I was very happy with them and they were reasonably priced.

Thats the sort of information I was after, thanks mate.

I will be very happy if I get between 60000kms and 70000kms out of set of tyres.

My old man swears by bridgestones he has many sets over the years and out of all the different brands out there he still reckons bridgestones are the best.

At the moment, Bridgestones are at $390 each from Bob Jane T-Marts.

Should try the Kumho KL21, been hearing good reviews. Haven't tried them myself yet.

Hi,

my kluger is an AWD, and yes, I'm very disappointed with the Kms done. I've had other cars/tyres that lasted over 80K so I'm very surprised about these. And it's not that you will be drifting or anything like that with this car. I did drove once Mel - Bris and back, but I don't see why that would affect wear.

Anyway...

Just went around this afternoon and found a few options:

Kmart: bridgestone D400 $359; Kumho 345$

Bob Jane (over the phone): bridgestone 340$, Falcon 285

I also asked for the Yoko Advan 255/55 and Bob jane said could do 395$ each.

I know people will have different points of view on which tyre is better, but at least can I ask which tyres to stay away from?

also, I noticed there's a lot of people who were looking for tires 1-2 years ago in different treads. Any updates, What did you chose in the end?

cheers

Hi everyone thanks guys for reserch on tyre prices much apreciated.

Has any tried any cooper tyres on their kluger if they have what sort run they got out them, also are they any noiser than the original tyres.

Edited by CROCO

from memory, the new klugers (back in 2008) had a problem with the wheel alignment or something structural that caused the tyres to wear out too quickly & unevenly- there were lots of posts on this forum about it.

im sure its been rectified since then with the newer models, but wondering if our Klugers eventually got the fix for it during the regular servicing.... or are we still going to suffer again with the replacement tyres

Hi,

I have a kx-s 2009 awd, and the outside of the front tyres are nearly worn with 40,000K on the clock.

have you considered the toyo open country h/t 245/55 19" same size as the OEM bridgestones,

checked tyrepower on sale $385 each.

anyone replaced the bridgestones with these any feedback on quality I think there was an earlier thread about them 2.

well I took the plunge and bought from the ebay guys with the Bridgestones (they are actually Taleb Tyres, located just near Sydney airport)

great job!

quote was $250 per tyre fitted

I actually fitted 3 tyres only, as I used the spare which is new (so they swapped the spare wheel with one already on the car)

highly recommended

WOW!

That fantastic mate, $250 a tyre fitted sounds great, is that the bridgestone dueler H/L 400 p245/55r19 , if it is thats abosolute bargain.

I wonder if can purchase them at that price at taleb tyres actual premises, not through ebay.

Look into the Kumho tyres. We have had ours on now with 41000kms wear and still going strong. Should get around 60000kms. I think they are a bit cheaper than the Bridgestone tyres as well. Have a set of 265/40R/22's on which gives you a very smooth ride. Very little roll on cornering and the cars handles alot better. Worth changing to 22's but just watch your insurance if you do so. Otherwise I'm sure the 19's in the Kumhos would wear just as well. Great price you got on the Bridgestones but if you're not getting the mileage out of them shouldn't you be looking at other tyres?

Edited by Ryanocer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Mine's a Nov. 2007 KXS that I bought new and my first set of Bridgestones lasted for 60,000 km. I changed them for another set of the same at $385 each because they were on special at the time. My originals would have lasted a bit longer but circumstances made it more practical to change when I did.

I do a an even mix of country and city driving so I think they aren't bad wear wise and they behave on the road quite well, if a little bit noisy. If I change my tyre brand it will be for a quieter tyre provided the wear is good. There doesn't seem to be a lot to choose from yet however.

Hi Everyone.

I've got some decent quotes from both St George Tyres in Sydney, both at $250 a corner fitted for the OEM bridgestones, and $225 a corner for Falkens at the same size.

I also got quoted $250 per corner for Cooper 255/55 R19's, which have a higher load and speed rating (Not that I intend to do 300km/h in the family wagon), and may help my speedo that over-reads by close to 10% a bit, although looking at the tyre calculators online the overall diameter is only 1.5% different between the 245's and the 255's...

This was a month or two ago, and they did say to call back before I come up as they keep about 40,000 tyres in stock and get them in full length shipping crates so there may be more options by the time I come up.

I'm in no way affiliated with these guys, it's just that I almost had a coronary when I saw how much they were charging for tyres in Canberra and a friend told me about these guys. He also said that a mob called 'Tyres for Less' provide some decent prices too, when I called they offered the OEM Bridgestones for $260 per corner...

Anyone tried either the Falkens or Coopers? I'm keen to learn from anyones experiences here.

Edited by 08Kluger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Newbi here,

try Eagle tyres in Granville, $280 for 245/55/19 orginal factory bridgestones :)

1st time owner of a Kluger, always had performance cars running Falken 452's and i get them at $150 a corner considering bob jane/jax are selling them for $250 each

hope this helps

Thats fantastic price, I think that will help a lot of people, even me later on down the track.

thanks ray, also welcome mate, its good to see new members on the forum, look forward chatting with you in the future.

Thats fantastic price, I think that will help a lot of people, even me later on down the track.

thanks ray, also welcome mate, its good to see new members on the forum, look forward chatting with you in the future.

Anytime :)

• 2 weeks later...

What more could a bloke ask for, having your tyres fitted while slipping next door to the pub :spiteful: .

Seriously thats a great price.

• 1 month later...

I'm coming in late to this discussion, however I replaced my 245/55/19 with Pirelli Scorpion All Terrains 255/55/19 on my AWD and they are outstanding!!! Couldn't recommend them highly enough, for ride and traction. They are ever so slightly noisier than the highway terrains but you'd expect that and I don't notice it now after 7000kms The AT tread pattern and carcass strength is a bonus as I tend to 'enjoy' the off road aspects during the summer. Pricey at $480 ea (19 inch - luv that unique sizing ..) but worth it. In the wet I still can't break traction, I feel so confident and assured that when the mrs & kids are out in the greasy wet roads there won't be accidents from slippage etc. I've never felt so confident in a tyre. PS I don't sell these things they are just good. BTW I got 60k kms out of the original Bridgies.