94 Celica tail light issue

Shiloh76

Hi all,

I purchased a 1994 Celica (Team Europe Edition) for my girlfriend on the weekend. Nice car, happy with the purchase.

Noticed that only the centre / middle brake light is working, and the 'inner' red lights on both left and right tail lights were not illuminating at all, either as brake or tail lights (I presume these do work as tail lights when switched on?). So I removed the LHS tail light unit, swapped the globe over with a new item and nothing happened - still doesn't work. I've checked all the fuses & all are fine.

(Note: reverse globe on left hand side also not working, checked globe & appears fine - not blown, so there is also an issue here)

Is there anything that I'm missing here? Could it be that there is an issue with the wiring harness itself?

I'd appreciate any advice on trouble shooting this problem - really want to get it sorted out, for her sake!

Cheers,

S

• 4 weeks later...

As a late update... tail light issues have now largely been resolved through a tail light harness change and some wiring fixes...

glad it got fixed, i had troubles with my st204 with the reverse lights and was stumped for days then tried the neutral safety switch on the auto gearbox (wrecker replace) and TADA working again.... :) No tail lights are dangerous (see it in mostly fords).