2008 ACV40R Sportivo queries

Xav

Evening all

I have a couple of issues that i would like to get some feedback on. Im hoping im not the only one that has experienced these "problems'"

Ive had the car for 18 months, and have looked after it really really well. Its nearly up to 80k on the clock, my issue is, that no matter how much i baby the car while im driving, taking it really easy on the pedal, i cannot get the fuel consumption to go under 12l/100km. I have it serviced every 6 months, and only put premium fuel in, yet i cannot get good fuel economy out of the drive.

Does anyone else experience this?

My other issue is that i installed a pioneer DEH-P8100BT head unit when i bought it back in June 2010 and i have never been able to get a radio station without static, i can hear the sound, but i am always hearing distortions while driving and it is really frustrating, i have connected the wires exactly how they are meant to be and have even tried another antenna resulting in the same issue. I have had the radio taken into repairs to be told its apparently perfectly fine, so im just wondering if there is someone out there that has had this issue and resolved it. For antenna power i simply connected the blue antenna wire from the head unit to the orange antenna amplifier wire from the camry.

I am told i have to double loop the wire to make the amp on the antenna work? im not even sure how to rectify this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am desperate for some answers.

Thanks very much

that 12l/100, is that reading off your dash ?

-cos appearantly its not that accurate i heard,

you're city driving right ?

It's not. You should manually calculate your fuel consumption to get a much truer figure.

The gen 6 Camry gets six cylinder fuel economy at times, except on the highway where fuel consumption drops to around 7L/100km. I would not worry about the 12L/100km - that is what gen 6 does.

I get irregular readings, it differs with every fill ups. At the moment it's 10.9L but last week it's more. My car is a late 2007 model.

Evening all

I have a couple of issues that i would like to get some feedback on. Im hoping im not the only one that has experienced these "problems'"

Ive had the car for 18 months, and have looked after it really really well. Its nearly up to 80k on the clock, my issue is, that no matter how much i baby the car while im driving, taking it really easy on the pedal, i cannot get the fuel consumption to go under 12l/100km. I have it serviced every 6 months, and only put premium fuel in, yet i cannot get good fuel economy out of the drive.

Does anyone else experience this?

My other issue is that i installed a pioneer DEH-P8100BT head unit when i bought it back in June 2010 and i have never been able to get a radio station without static, i can hear the sound, but i am always hearing distortions while driving and it is really frustrating, i have connected the wires exactly how they are meant to be and have even tried another antenna resulting in the same issue. I have had the radio taken into repairs to be told its apparently perfectly fine, so im just wondering if there is someone out there that has had this issue and resolved it. For antenna power i simply connected the blue antenna wire from the head unit to the orange antenna amplifier wire from the camry.

I am told i have to double loop the wire to make the amp on the antenna work? im not even sure how to rectify this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am desperate for some answers.

Thanks very much

Do you have amp(s) installed?

THanks for all the responses everyone

I guess ill just have to live with the fuel consumption reading.

I do have amps in the car, a mono amp for the subs and a 700watt amp for the speakers. I have disconnected the mono amp for the subs and the issue still remains. The only other option i have to rule out the amp causing the radio static is to wire up direct to the head unit. But i dont really see how this will make a difference as there is no issue with my music when im playing from cd/usb/ipod. The signal distortion is only through the radio channels.

The fuel consumption:

Why do you use 98? 91 Ron is fine.

I've tried it (driving 400+km/week) It makes no difference in a basic family car.

Around town I get between 10-11L/100

On the highway I get 7.4-7.7L/100, but I can get 6.5L if I remove the subs and drive like Miss Daisy.

Stereo static:

There is a factory amp for the aerial (in the back window)

You need to connect power to it to turn it on.

I can't remember exactly which wire it is. Try Google for a quicker option.

It's can be triggered from behind your H/U.

Also, there is another wire you need to earth in order for your steering wheel control button to change the display on the dash.

Edited by 2XS

http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=113

Have a read of the above linked article. It is am old article but it will give you a bit of understanding on the how the amp(s) and other electrical may interfere with your FM/AM reception signals.

There will be a lot of test and trials. Happy times :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Guys remember that ACV40 from 06- Aug09 had the same fuel consumption as Aurion (9.9L/100km)so this is no suprise that your getting around the 12L/100kms it drinks like a 6 just sucks you dont get the refinement or power.. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Most people buy camry/aurion as family cars, so why pay more for 6 cylinders when 4 is responsive around town and excellent on.the highway. Resale values on TRD are terrible.because they were overpriced when new, look boring, and are only front wheel drive. LOL!

What has the TRD Aurion got to do with the fuel consumption on the ACV40R, 2.4L 6th Generation Camry?

BTW, you're having a bath if you think the 2az-fe holds a candle to the 2gr-fe/2gr-fze which have more power and better fuel consumption (though the FZE is closer to the 2az in fuel consumption but look at the power).

You can't compare the Aurion to the Camry anyway they are two different kettles of fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening

I know its been a while since i made this original post but im back again, hopefully with a better idea of whats going on.

Firstly im going to put a ground wire onto the steering wheel control to get the function working again.

Secondly, im still figuring out the wiring for the antenna in the rear of the passanger side of the camry, im assuming the wire attached to the window is either the defrost device or the rear window antenna.

Does anyone have any diagram, visual assistance with antenna wiring for a camry acv40r? i cannot find it anywhere on the net, and im assuming for my radio to stop crackling on every station i need to earth and put power onto the rear antenna?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciate, im in need of some help, short of me going to an auto electrician and spending money on something i hopefully dont need to

Thanks