2011 Ascent Sport

Hi guys,

Thought I would start a thread on my car.

I just got it last night and it is a 2011 Ascent Sport (ex-demo).

I am not planing to do much to the car (well yet anyway) except for the following options I got:

• Car Mats
  • Mud flaps (front)
  • Boot Scuff guard
  • Tinted Windows
  • Toyota GPS system (same as in latest Yaris)
  • Bonnet protector
  • Head light protectors

I have not got around to doing pictures but will post some up over the weekend.

So far very happy with the car I am still waiting on me GPS head-unit as Toyota have to order in the cables for it and it will take about 2 weeks. The only think that annoys me so far with the car is the rear parcel shelf (it is a hatch) seems to knock when you go over bumps what is quite annoying. I am guessing I might be able to do something with this but was wondering if others here with hatch's notice this as well?

I am also annoyed that car manufactures keep using silver plastic panels on the interior that I know scratch easily and look like crap after a few years. The Corolla has way to much for my liking and I was wondering if anyone here knows of ways to try and protect or cover these panels in the corolla as well?

Edited by jastormont

i have the same car :D im pretty happy with it too :) i have coilovers coming next week :) how much did u pay for ures??

Edited by Noodlez

i have the same car :D im pretty happy with it too :) i have coilovers coming next week :) how much did u pay for ures??

I got it for $21000.00 drive away and I payed $540 for tint and $1600 for the new GPS head unit.

What are the coil overs you are getting?

Grats on your new car dude,

as for protecting/covering plastic panels, have you considered c/f or vinyl wrap ? there's a few people here that have done em,

for the rear parcel shelf, -nope doesnt knock when i go over bumps,

I got it for $21000.00 drive away and I payed $540 for tint and $1600 for the new GPS head unit.

What are the coil overs you are getting?

i got bc :) 540 for window tint??

No noise from my parcel shelf.

As for shinny interior trim, I keep my finger nails trimmed & don't hold sharp/hard stuff in my hand when touching those areas.

Enjoying the light weight & manual transmission, but missing the power of the old Aurion ...

Sorry for the late reply as I have been super busy.

I have more pics to come but just added 2 for now one being the culprit to my knocking rear parcel shelf!

6858900070_eeb5e66929.jpg

Right by jstorm1980, on Flickr

Looks like the knob has been damaged when the parcel shelf was put back. The dealership is going to look at this when I take it in for my inspection service and they will hopefully replace the panel.

7005016829_8db62a3568.jpg

WP_000035 by jstorm1980, on Flickr

Edited by jastormont

as for protecting/covering plastic panels, have you considered c/f or vinyl wrap ? there's a few people here that have done em,

I would really like to find out more about this. Would you have any links or know of anyone that could do this in the Brisbane area?

I would really like to find out more about this. Would you have any links or know of anyone that could do this in the Brisbane area?

i have no idea mate, not in brisbane, sorry :X

This can happen if you don't put the shelf back in correctly and close the door, pushing the shelf hard into the pin. Make sure it's on right when putting it back in..

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the rolla, I have the same model too. I had an old Ae112 and updated. Its frustrating how easy it is to mark the interior. I didnt have any dramas with the parcel shelf - only issue I've had was from bumping it off the hooks and damaging the surrounding molds -.-