Gazza's 08 camry on 20's

Pillowpants

This is my new project. So far this weekend, ive installed a set of BC coilovers and these rims. Vossen CV3 20x9 +38 all round.

The fronts stick out a little bit and i need to lower it a bit more, and the rears fit nicely, but will prob add on some 5mm spacers, once ive lipped the guards. Still playing around with it.

post-27274-0-30950400-1333163172_thumb.j

post-27274-0-16484200-1333163336_thumb.j

My RK sport body kit has just finished being made and should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks. That will make a huge difference to the look.

In the mean time, its stereo install time. 8's are in the doors already, but need to sound deaden everything yet. Will start on custom a pillars this weekend too. The boot will be last. 2 x 15's mounted on an Infinite baffle. Then a false floor for the amps. Lots to keep me busy.

post-27274-0-97670600-1333163341_thumb.j

This is my new project. So far this weekend, ive installed a set of BC coilovers and these rims. Vossen CV3 20x9 +38 all round.

The fronts stick out a little bit and i need to lower it a bit more, and the rears fit nicely, but will prob add on some 5mm spacers, once ive lipped the guards. Still playing around with it.

post-27274-0-30950400-1333163172_thumb.j

post-27274-0-16484200-1333163336_thumb.j

My RK sport body kit has just finished being made and should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks. That will make a huge difference to the look.

In the mean time, its stereo install time. 8's are in the doors already, but need to sound deaden everything yet. Will start on custom a pillars this weekend too. The boot will be last. 2 x 15's mounted on an Infinite baffle. Then a false floor for the amps. Lots to keep me busy.

post-27274-0-97670600-1333163341_thumb.j

Looks great mate !

Hows the bc coilovers? Give your feedback on the suspension thread.

How much did you get it for ?

The car? $16k with 34000 on the clock. WA is a bit pricier than over east, but it was the cheapest white one with low k's.

I havnt driven it with the BC's yet, and prob wont untill i get the guards rolled as the rims touch them when i pull outta the drive way.

The car? $16k with 34000 on the clock. WA is a bit pricier than over east, but it was the cheapest white one with low k's.

I havnt driven it with the BC's yet, and prob wont untill i get the guards rolled as the rims touch them when i pull outta the drive way.

I meant the coilovers lol

Yeah I can't wait for it. The bc's were from eBay. I'm not sure they are real or not as they just have a sticker on them and some fancy brochures. Oh, and instructions that have been translated into English, word for word. Hmmm.

Yeah I can't wait for it. The bc's were from eBay. I'm not sure they are real or not as they just have a sticker on them and some fancy brochures. Oh, and instructions that have been translated into English, word for word. Hmmm.

Ahh I've seen the bc ones on eBay too . They seem alright.

Kit finally arrived. The customs bastards stung me an extra $480. I couldnt believe it. I dont know why. Is it just because they are opening it up and checking it? Seems a bit harsh to me. Considering the cost of the kit, the cost of freight, and now this, It better bloody look good on.

Well had the fender lip rolled. I stuffed up as i was heading there to have it done. When i backed outta my driveway, the guard scratched against the rim. Oh well, the damage doesnt look too bad. I had to remove the inner plastic guard in the rear also, as it was scraping on big bumps. Also raised it up a little, so i could run softer shocks setting. The price you pay to look good aye.

Kit finally arrived. The customs bastards stung me an extra $480. I couldnt believe it. I dont know why. Is it just because they are opening it up and checking it? Seems a bit harsh to me. Considering the cost of the kit, the cost of freight, and now this, It better bloody look good on.

I'm actually studying customs.

May I ask what did they charge you?

Quarantine ? Duty ?

tell me and I'll check my resources if they overcharged you ,or charged unnecessary things.

Cause from memory reece aka 'private number' had no trouble getting it to Melbourne

Quarantine ? Duty ?

tell me and I'll check my resources if they overcharged you ,or charged unnecessary things.

Cause from memory reece aka 'private number' had no trouble getting it to Melbourne

thats because i went through an import agent. They covered all the costs. All i had to do is pay the bill in the end.

Quarantine ? Duty ?

thats because i went through an import agent. They covered all the costs. All i had to do is pay the bill in the end.

True,going through a customs broker is much easier,they lodge all the work for you to customs ,all you do is pay them to do it. This is why you get less hassle if you go through a broker

But then again some brokers are dodgy as lol

It definately isn't for performance. The ride is ok at the moment. I'm away at work for a couple of weeks, but when I get home I will keep making adjustments untill it rides firm but smooth. I'm not far off from getting a good ride. Still a little too bouncy in the back.

I probably should've gone with 19's but I personally liked the look of 20's. Maybe I should've just kept it stock....

Seems you were charged for port fees,which from memory is standard procedures for CFR types.

The seller just pays everything so the goods reach it's destination,after that it is the buyers responsibility .

Which you as buyer ,will pay all duties,customs cost ,etc.

But hey you got your goods,and besides it's only a one time thing :)

Keep us up to date about the kit !

Yeah, its done now, so i might as well get on with it.

Im away at work for now, but first thing when i get back, will be paint shop, then carefully fit it on.

Still a couple of weeks away....

Yeah, its done now, so i might as well get on with it.

Im away at work for now, but first thing when i get back, will be paint shop, then carefully fit it on.

Still a couple of weeks away....

DIY job or body shop.

If DIY tell me how youdo it lol so I can follow

nah, pro job.

Ive painted my own car before, but it pays to have good quality gear. So i will leave it to the pro's. Plus its all about the prep work. Paintings easy, its the stuff you do before the paint job that matters.