[Thread for the car formally known as] The Storm Trooper ZR6

VIPZR6

wrapping a roof is easy in one piece. get a mate to help you though. mix a little bit of detergent with some rubbing alcohol and spray the roof first so you can move it around. lay vinyl on and working from the centre smooth out any air bubbles then trim. i pulled the roof gutter trims(?) off for a neat finish then replaced them. looks factory and took about an hour.

TRDs are a no go..anyone interested in a set of 3 good rims and a buckled/cracked rim that's beyond repair?

Back to square one for wheels I guess :/

• 4 weeks later...

Change of plans yet again...after heading down to the local dealer and asking how much a TRD wheel goes for and being pleasantly surprised, have ended up ordering a brand new one to go with my good set of 3!

So the prep has begun...prep? Well they arnt staying silver :)

Primed the centre caps, awaiting the 4th rims arrival and then the wheels will be next! Cant wait to get some rubber and throw these on the car. Desperately after some fatter tread as 7inchs just isn't cutting it, even with adrenalines

SRI is most likely next on the shopping list now the wheels are almost out of the way.

post-27437-0-37105500-1346070284_thumb.j

post-27437-0-37087000-1346070313_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

any hints on new rims?

Very happy with mine now :D

All I'll say is theres going to be some fat rubber on the rear :)

Also another small addition which you can see in the above pic is the LED parkers, still deciding on what bulbs to go with on my low/high and foggys (HID or not)

153kw is still more than enough to do day to day overtaking and such with ease. Its all about the delivery. Keeps up with a number of "performance" cars with ease aswell (especially through corners :) )

Doing it academically as I'm still eventually going to grab an SRI and maybe change the exhaust slightly down the track depending how things pan out, so dyno runs after each mod

• 2 weeks later...

Eyelids turned up the other day from bodykitskingdom. Already have prime and base coat, just waiting for the paint to cure then a clear top coat will be in order.

20a5s9i.jpg

Still waiting on wheels, however :/

looking the goods Josh! no need to clear coat solid colours/paints just a few good coats and chop and buff.

Looks like the colour is a bit lighter? i brought a couple litres of matched diamond white 2pak to do my new boot and bonnet.

If you'd like i'd be happy to splash some colour on for you :D

Yeah I'll give it a couple of days and when I remember roll it out in the sun to see what the match is like. That was just from a matched up rattle can, I've got some clear left over from when I painted the TRD's so i figure il use it up and see how it comes (usually find that the colour also changes slightly once its cleared) :)

ED: Oh and a cut and polish ;)

Edited by VIPZR6

wheels??? :clap:

Nah... looks like a supercharger to me.

lol...yeah 4 of em,quadcharger

btw the wheels look good mate,they seem to look a little small with the car at that height,are you going to drop her any time soon?

+45 on the front and +40 on the rear. Yeah they look much larger in the flesh but also because ATM it's still on std springs they look puny.

• Like 1