New 2005 corolla sportivo

Hi All,

FIrst time post...

ive just purchased a 2005 corolla sportivo which so far im pretty happy with. Ive gone from a N14 SSS which was supposed to get a high comp sr20ve into it, though i got bored of the car and bought this instead lol.

I picked it up for 15k with 89k on the clock.

I have got one problem with it though, the drivers seat has seemed to of come loose from its rails at the back? toyota want near 1300 for new rails. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue before? (apparently Toyota has sold a few)

111.png

Anyway, I want to start with some basic mods, i noticed the TRD cold air intake is the best for these things, but can't seem to find any around on the net. Does anyone no a good alternative to these?

cheers,

Congrats on the buy, looks very clean mate

As for the seat rails I'm not too sure about them, haven't really looked Into it much

For the CAI, TRD used to make them but they are discontinued now along with alot of other TRD parts for our sportivos. Injen make a few that fit our cars aswell as CES who make one specifically designed for our cars but at a cost :P

If you look in the buy and sell forum I think there are 2 TRD intakes for sale at the moment. Have a look

Cheers

nice purchase mate, and toyota charging 1300 for a rail? thats f#cking ridiculous, just get a near new set of SR4 recaros and brand new bride RO type rails for that price. toyota feeding u bs about "having sold a few" too -_-

Thanks for the replies. The dealer is hopefully going to get some second hand rails and swap them over,.

Ive also noticed second gear is quite fidgity at high revs, doesnt like to go on quickly. Ive read that this could be the syncros?, though the car hasnt done all that many k's. any adice on this would be great :)

I'm in the same boat mate, mine is hard to change aswell so I'm changing the oil and clutch adjustment :D hopefully this all works out, I've been directed by kenshin-X and 123R-Prozak that redline MT-90 is the best option for transmission oil ;) thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated

Ok I chucked her up on the hoist today, and was going to chuck some of that nulan gearbox treatment stuff in, turns out the box was overfilled, took the filler plug off, and gearbox oil just drizzled out in quite a large amount, the oil looked pretty good, not thin or watery, anyway no improvement. I found some Nulon 75w80 full synthetic in the shed, would this be suitable for it instead of the redline?. Also it has grinded a couple of times trying to go into 2nd as well, bad? or just what they do?.

thanks,

Ok I chucked her up on the hoist today, and was going to chuck some of that nulan gearbox treatment stuff in, turns out the box was overfilled, took the filler plug off, and gearbox oil just drizzled out in quite a large amount, the oil looked pretty good, not thin or watery, anyway no improvement. I found some Nulon 75w80 full synthetic in the shed, would this be suitable for it instead of the redline?. Also it has grinded a couple of times trying to go into 2nd as well, bad? or just what they do?.

thanks,

Don't be cheap

Go out and buy the good stuff already and do it

You already had it on the hoist? Job could of been done already.................... -.-

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i put some new gear oil in, and it is a little better, though I have a feeling it is going to be down to the clutch adjustment. To adjust the clutch is it just a matter of winding the thing that connects to the pedal? (sorry for my technical terms, im not a very good mechanic lol)

Exhaust was put on yesterday and fark it is loud. i got a friend to do it, and after looking at it, we decided to go from resinator back as the piping looked like a good size up to the resi. We went 2.5 inch mandrel bent, to 2.25" right before the rear muffler. sound awesome under load especially in lift, though a bit droney on the motorway and a bit bubbly changing gears lol. Might have to look into a quieter muffler.

I am also looking into a CAI. Probably INJEN. I'm a bit confused though, i swear i saw two different part numbers one for pre-facelift and one for facelift. I have searched endlessly i just want to be sure before i order the one i thin it will be is RD2082P? and pre facelift was RD207 something?

thanks for your help.

I recently installed the injen rd2082p into my facelift sportivo, fits well and the injen pod sits ontop of the foggie without pushing and bending clips and what not lol but it works like a charm :D

I recently installed the injen rd2082p into my facelift sportivo, fits well and the injen pod sits ontop of the foggie without pushing and bending clips and what not lol but it works like a charm :D

out of interest, did it make my difference? im assuming itd be much louder lol.

so 123r-prozak, where the clutch connects to the rod, you pull the clip out on the left hand side, take the pin out, and then twist the part out that connects to the pedal correct?,

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got my CAI, and installed it. From what i read there was heaps of problems with it being close to the floglight?, mine seems to be snug up the the front bumber, and a fare wack off the flog light. I always thought that the sit a lot lower then the one i got does. Does this sound right?, i got the injen RD2082P from america

AM also taking it up to willowbank tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing what she'll run

Edited by Licky