clutch adjustment help???

okay guys i know this has been covered before but im still a bit confused about this :unsure:

ive been having problems with changing gears from first to second whilst in lift and ive been told to change the gearbox oil and do a clutch adjustment.

so today i went out and ordered 3 quarts of redline MT-90 for my gearbox :spiteful: hopefully they will be arriving soon and i thought i would also ask my mechanic about the clutch adjustment. he said that because the sportivo uses a hydraulic clutch then there isnt any adjustment??? he said that we can adjust our pedal height and the friction point but that wont change how much it disengages???? :wacko:

can someone shed some light on this?? and what parts i should adjust?

cheers

first adjust pedal height, level with the brake pedal, next adjust the freeplay, adjust the pushrod behind the clutch pedal, its for the clutch master cylinder. give maybe 5mm freeplay? i dont like alot of freeplay, but you need some ! its so the thrust bearing isnt always pressed against the pressure plate.....

Do a search on here, the toyota factory service bulletin was posted on how to do the clutch adjustment. Many mechanics will tell you there's no adjustment as it's such a pain to get at the pushrod adjustment under the dash.

first adjust pedal height, level with the brake pedal, next adjust the freeplay, adjust the pushrod behind the clutch pedal, its for the clutch master cylinder. give maybe 5mm freeplay? i dont like alot of freeplay, but you need some ! its so the thrust bearing isnt always pressed against the pressure plate.....

I was told your supposed to have around 5-10mm free play give or take a bit and yes so it doesn't always press against the thrust bearin but then I was also told that it may cause "centering" which apparently stops the gears from not locking in place or something like that???? I'm not too sure but I will try your suggestion :) thanks man