Soft back end...( HALP! )

METAL13

Before you start yes ive read posts but mines a unique question...

What would you "Coilover Club" lads and other suspension modifiers suggest for my ATX (stock suspension atm)

I have issue's with 3+ people (adults) in the car, the tyres rub on the inside of the wheel arch on the carpet lining when i go over hard bumps and also turn corners (loud scraping noise that makes me cringe :( ).

Tyre & Wheel size atm is;

- 18x8 B.BOSS Wheels

- Falkener 245/45ZR18 100W Tyres

- Do i need to camber the wheels ? ( hope i don't have too... )

- Do i go coilovers or just get harder shocks/springs in general?

- Dad suggested air shocks to adjust the pressure, whats the go there ?

I don't know where to begin and don't want to goto pedders as me being clueless at this stage, they will just rip me off....

Lol it's a how long is a piece of string type scenario. Depends how much you’re willing to spend as to what options are open to you? Peddars and Kings have heavy duty standard height springs which will take a load better without compressing but of course trade off would be ride quality and then of course there is the lowered spring which are also "firmer" so that’s one way of sorting it out without having to change shocks. Or you could go airbag suspension or coil over suspension which would offer plenty of adjustment but like i said all comes down to the $$$$.

Im keen for what offers me the best results... yes i know that string is the answer but yea have no idea where to begin haha Price isnt an issue as i can save up my pennys to get it sorted.

I love the idea of a lowerd car but hate the problems with being lowered.... what do i look at going for those reasons (trying to avoid airbag suspension as that REALLY cost some dosh)

Yea down side is THERE BRAND NEW >_< paid just over 1k for them, and they are the correct tyre size for the car against the original ( so not to throw the odemeter out as last set did )

Roll your guards? or if its hitting the inner side of your wheel arch add spacers?

If you get coilovers you can run your car a touch lower and actually scrape less even with a full car load :)

airbags :whistling:

*drools at the idea of airbags* biggest issue there is cost haha

Roll your guards? or if its hitting the inner side of your wheel arch add spacers?

If you get coilovers you can run your car a touch lower and actually scrape less even with a full car load :)

Not hitting the arch itself, just the inner carpet right on the edge of the arch ( bout 10mm off the body panel )

And scrape less after lowing it, how the hell does that work haha ?

Simple! Stiffer springs wont compress as much ;)

So youre saying the lip on the inside of the outer guard? Just get your guards rolled, that should fix it

Simple! Stiffer springs wont compress as much ;)

Lower springs don't necessarily mean they are stiffer. Most of the lowered springs on the Aurion are of a progressive variety. This means that the initial bit of compression is a little less firm than the following compression which can help in aiding ride comfort as well. If you load the car up like the OP was mentioning, you are ultimately going to end up with the same scrubbing as he was originally experiencing.

Trade in your tyre would actually work. You'll only have to add couple hundred or slightly less.

Obviously the correct tyre size against the original isn't correct for you, so why stick with it..

just get coilovers dude and lower to the height like my you wont have any problem, i get full load of people i will get a tiny scratch at the front guard if i turn really quick i can live with it. i really dont bother to readjust my height i like how it sits now

Edited by Shadow_

Yea, just want it so it dosent compress so much when i have 3 people in car ( can sometimes have 5ppl + Boot load + trailer load from time to time )

So springs sound like the quickest option to fix the issue, but will look into coilovers if that can provide the same result with lowered look :)