Jo's GT4 of awesome stuffsss

woot woot

Hi all,

This is my Celica GT4. Had it for a few years now been through a lot of head aches (Still more to come i would bet)

Always wanted an MR2 but the risk to death if driving on the street, or risk of death at every corner, or risk of death at every time i accelarated. So i bought this in very shabby condition and have been fixing a lot of stuff (sigh) Also had a very funky smell when i bought it, hich did smell like unwahsed genitals.

Basically got it bone stock with everything being original and I do mean everything being original. Including 18 year old timing belt 2 collapesed mufflers, worn out rear discs and lots of other fun things that were all never really updated. Here are some pics of the car when I first got it and the wheels that came with it.

First day i got it with steel wheels

image033ca.jpg

Smashed up set of wheels

image026qx.jpg

Then got some standard wheels and painted them Blaaakkkk for at the time more street cred lol. This was still at standar ride hieght with 19 year ols shocks and springs, She drove like a boat.

image113x.jpg

Than about a month later was being stupid and ended up in a smashing in something hard called the ground. I did have more pics but was on my old computer that called it quits one day.

This was the aftermath of taking off the batter panels.

image114md.jpg

Did decide to fix it after trying to sell it and got ripped off by a lovely company across from where i worked at the time in Maribyrnong.

Did not register teh car for almost 9 months or so then decided to get it done and it passed, YAY!!!!

I did also lower the car a bit which is when she looked like this

p1010531c.jpg

Three days later bought a lovely set of Oz racing wheels with Khumo Ku tyres on them.

img0174wz.jpg

And some random photo shots

img0173vc.jpg

Engine shot

img01722.jpg

So far the mods look like this

Suspension

KYB SR RACE shock absorbers

Whiteline camber bolts all round

Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar

Whiteline rear strut brace

Whiteline front strut brace

Whiteline Springs on rear

Brakes

All pads TRW semi race pads

Other

C’s short shifter

K&N panel filter

Car has a larger diameter exhaust from roughly halfway down the car, never measured but looks around the 2.5inch mark. Put standard looking rear muffler to not attract attention.

Manual boost controller

Exterior

LED parker bulbs

LED number plate bulbs

Phillips Diamond vision 4300k headlight bulbs

H3 50/50 LED fog lights

I got a few more things to go on the car but htought i would start a build thread on here since i now frequent here. Got some more updates coming up but busy with school and other things. feel free to comment.

I also have no real idea why i cannnot get pictures to come up properly on forums? Can any one help?

Cheers

Wow you make the MR2's sound bad, it's not hard to pick out a better deathtrap than an MR2.

Sounds like you had to replace a lot of parts, and are still going, on the plus side, you will have a half brand new car!

How do these handle with the 4wd? less understeery than the fwd ones?

Thanks for fixing the pics. I had to also fix the head gasket, water pump, oil pump and power steering rack and a few other things. Handles a lot better with the Khump tyres, the original wheels are very skinny and squeal and really give up really early into a corner, so never pushed it on them, when switched to the Khomo it was a different world of andling i was stunned by the grip and the braking and everything else that it changed.

Still got a new dump pipe from berk technology

p1010533u.th.jpg

New front swaybar links

dsc0148i.th.jpg

Poly urethane bushes

p1010536h.th.jpg

SOme new exhaust parts comming

and spraying the bumper coming up soon hopefully Here is me sanding it down then priming it. Then i dropped it on the ground while moving it.....sigh..... Back to sanding it down and re priming it again. But is now just sitting in my shed awaiting me to get off my ***** and get some paint.

p1010893v.th.jpg

p1010892u.th.jpg

p1010909b.th.jpg

Here are some pics from the Ozcelica cruise back in February.

dsc0087ia.th.jpg

dsc0081xj.th.jpg

Justin you might recognise the red celica he is a member of TCCAV i think its called where we met up and the guy gave me a drive in his 12 sec Mr2

Picture of my turbo

image075i.th.jpg

Since last november lol DId all the prep and priming back then was waiting on a friend who has a spray gun but he is always busy so have not around to doing it. But will just get some spray cans and see how awesome my skills are. Hopefully good.

The red celica got written off.

Edited by woot woot

• 3 weeks later...

Little up date...

Well i had the awesomeness of having a flat tyre last week which resulted in me not being able to move the car, and my cat deciding that my car looked like a great place to jump up and slide around on.

dsc0183qk.th.jpg

Then at the JDMST meet last night, met another GT4 owner and talked about, "You own a GT4, Yeh i do. You cant possibly own a GT4 also, Yes i do, A red group A. We exchange looks and acknoledge the coolness of us both.

He also decided to point out to me that my racing suspension i got for a bargain is actually adjustable, which i was very stupid to not relise..

dsc0186vs.th.jpg

Will be trying to get my bumper sprayed in the next week or so and try figure out why my front left wheel keeps losing alignment and see where it goes from there.

Said 'Coolness' is invalid, null and void because you drive a hairdressers car... :P

Also your cat is cool, its a ninja break dancing cat of win!!

We exchange looks and acknoledge the coolness of us both.

By stating that nullifies all chance.

It is the unwritten law for owning a GT4. When you pull up next to each other on the street, no words are spoken just a nod of acknowledgement that you are also awesome for owning such a car. It is a sort of snobbery that Porshe drivers also do, the nod of "you're so awesome"

When out of the car it is a fist bump with explosion after woods.

Justin you have seen my hands, they were made for sewing and cutting hair. So got the matching car just need to dress more like a hairdresser and the illusion should be complete.

We exchange looks and acknoledge the coolness of us both.

By stating that nullifies all chance.

It is the unwritten law for owning a GT4. When you pull up next to each other on the street, no words are spoken just a nod of acknowledgement that you are also awesome for owning such a car. It is a sort of snobbery that Porshe drivers also do, the nod of "you're so awesome"

When out of the car it is a fist bump with explosion after woods.

Justin you have seen my hands, they were made for sewing and cutting hair. So got the matching car just need to dress more like a hairdresser and the illusion should be complete.

Wow! :huh:

^^^^^Yeh i had a lot of sugar yesterday before writing that. lol

On other news tried to illustrate my cars ride height by photo with a lego man, this did not work so well as my arm got stuck trying to put lego man in place.

dsc0187hu.th.jpg

A friend did get to take one photo of my car right before the lights shut off at the jdmst meet.

I parked next to lol

p1140085.th.jpg

Edited by woot woot

That is a sub-zero image you have posted up of your motor vehicle Sir Woot Woot, but alas, it appears as though it is missing some of the unique items that define the car as being individual from the rest. This includes seagull feces, feline paw prints and the odd collisions with the earth on which we live on.

(Thread needs more Bolte skid pics)

A few pictures that were taken last night with some of the Tocau members. I know my car is not clean and a seagull shat on it while we were there

56059340343323301116310.th.jpg

54021040343326301116010h.th.jpg

54063840343315301117110.th.jpg

54508940343319967783310.th.jpg

53557340343326967782610.th.jpg

29492740343328967782410.th.jpg

55767540343336967781610.th.jpg

40507840343360301112610.th.jpg

54358940343358301112810.th.jpg

58280440343356301113010.th.jpg

54642540343354301113210.th.jpg

I fed ye,

• 1 month later...

No real update but some photo timeszzzz

dsc0215xd.jpg

Finally figured out how to make pictures bigger yay!! Me at local west side Tocau thursday meet

And some randome photos

dsc0214kf.jpg

My personal new favourtie of my car.

imgp8297t.jpg

I was being a ***** and high beaming him. I do not like HID

dsc0256x.jpg

Tocau cruise from sunday

dsc0255e.jpg

There was snow and stuff. As Adrian put it. Icebergs

dsc0254cjdjt.jpg

dsc0253aq.jpg

And a Clio V6. never thought these made it into the country. Almost got my hand hit by another car while taking this.

dsc0247zw.jpg