Does anyone still care about AE92 Secas? Dave's S2 SX Seca

Bristowe

The factory fujitsu ten CD player in my car finally carked it a few days ago, been meaning to replace it for a while so it was a good opportunity..

So I got this to replace it ^_^

IMG_5540.jpg

Pretty good I thought, has bluetooth + USB - plugged straight in and used the same bracket holes

Only now the dash trim wont fit back without some dremel help i'm afraid

Don't really want to cut up my trim but i'm quite liking this HU...

^ zre

Awesome!! thanks Jeff :D

Dave i might copy you, mine doesn't even have a head unit :P

Also, ive got some trims you can hack up only thing is that theyre silver... lol

Edited by 4ABHGE

So after spending some quality time with the headunit - I reckon i'll keep it, looks a lot cleaner than every aftermarket HU out there and the layout of the controls makes sense. Hate how the volume control is almost always on the LEFT on most HU's.

haha thanks Jus but i went to the wreckers and picked up a spare dash console thingo, broken though as most are unfortunately but the colour is a close match to the SX black.

All need now is someone to lend me some time with a dremel tool :P Anyone??

• 6 months later...

Took a few pics after a fruitful day at the wreckers

IMG_0821.jpg

Picked up a few rear swaybar brackets to replace the one that has been broken for about a month lol.

IMG_0820.jpg

This is new, BMC brace - might need to adjust the position a bit but it's fine for now.

IMG_0826.jpg

Also found a custom dashmat! Wasn't too dirty when I found it too which was nice

IMG_0827.jpg

I didn't have any adhesive velcro strips or whatever. Glue is unreliable anyway, cableties ftmfw

IMG_0824.jpg

I really should get that lip back on...

Looking good Dave! front looks a bit empty without the lip though.

Can you feel much difference with the brace in?

..or maybe you should buy mine Jaay? :P

Thanks Jus ^_^ , I know right?? I have a fresh lip that I got off Alister (thx bro!) but I dont want to smash off the new one like i did the old one. There's so many bloody driveways that i'm sometimes forced to enter dead straight.. Life is easer without a lip but it looks ****.

The Brace: It's ok I guess but I still have rubber lines so any benefit is really muted right now. Pedal is a poofteenth firmer. Maybe lol. SS braided lines - one day, one day ;)

Dont you have braided lines?

jaay - If someone offered me a ****load ( and I mean lots ) of cash I would consider it but noone is that silly for a Corolla lol.

Also i'd have no car and there's only one other car i'd want as a replacement and it's out of reach for me right now

GT86

Edited by Bristowe

Looking good Dave! front looks a bit empty without the lip though.

Can you feel much difference with the brace in?

..or maybe you should buy mine Jaay? :P

Thanks Jus ^_^ , I know right?? I have a fresh lip that I got off Alister (thx bro!) but I dont want to smash off the new one like i did the old one. There's so many bloody driveways that i'm sometimes forced to enter dead straight.. Life is easer without a lip but it looks ****.

The Brace: It's ok I guess but I still have rubber lines so any benefit is really muted right now. Pedal is a poofteenth firmer. Maybe lol. SS braided lines - one day, one day ;)

Dont you have braided lines?

jaay - If someone offered me a ****load ( and I mean lots ) of cash I would consider it but noone is that silly for a Corolla lol.

Also i'd have no car and there's only one other car i'd want as a replacement and it's out of reach for me right now

GT86

Fair enough then!

I think $1500 is pretty reasonable :P

Lol jokes

What would your replacement car be? Just curious.

braided lines make a fair difference, would i change them again? probably not...

Ive got those lips and a 626 lip i probably wont use, youre free to have them back if you want Dave!

I would take that once i pull all the performance bits out lol

probably a camry or magna. something cheap and reliable. I need to recuperate funds ;)

Edited by 4ABHGE