sportivo help?

Did u block off all the required vacuum hoses ? If there is any

I blocked all the necessary hoses off. As I said, it works fine when im in gear, but if i switch out of gear into neutral the engine stays running, then after 5-15 seconds it just gives me a CEL and switches the car off.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blocked all the necessary hoses off. As I said, it works fine when im in gear, but if i switch out of gear into neutral the engine stays running, then after 5-15 seconds it just gives me a CEL and switches the car off.

im still a newbie with terminology......what does CEL stand for?

im still a newbie with terminology......what does CEL stand for?

check engine light

It's on when you start the car for a few seconds then goes off and never returns !! If it does you have a fault

Best you get a scan tool and Check dtc's, (diagnostic trouble codes)

does the CEL come on when your in neutral at the lights or stopped somewhere for 5-15 seconds?

it doesnt come on when im in neutral and stationary (e.g at the lights), it only comes on when im driving and i leave it in neutral going down a hill or just using momentum on a flat road to keep the car going. The CEL comes on after 5-15 seconds and then the car switches off whilst its moving.

im with 123R-Prozak,

go to a mechanic that has the diagnostics computer that can scan for error codes, this would be your best bet to find out why this is happening.

Computer ! It will lead you in the right direction.. I hooked up mine to my car when I had the light on, te o2 sensor plug was lose lol, prob didn't connect it properly when I has my exhaust off

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead guys but over the past couple of weeks it feels as if the car is getting stronger, and pulling alot harder, maybe it's the cold air of winter haha but it definetly feels alot better and tonight lift was kicking in like I've never seen it before!!!!!

Is this the ECU learning the way I drive and tuning itself with the CAI? Or is it the colder air the factor? Maybe both ?

ive owned the car for over 3 months now, i know it wont lift when cold, when i bought the car i initially thought that was why lift wasnt working, i then figured out that it was my OCV that needed cleaning, since then lift has worked ever since. im just asking is it the ECU thats tuning its fuel and air ratios with the new CAI? or was it the cold air of the night?

i'd say it would but if yours has decreased then im not too sure, maybe its restricting air flow or your driving harder?

gone to shit? :P oh ok.... :lol: well depends on alot of factors. how the new one rates flow against the old one etc. if u havent changed or cleaned for along time. then yes.

gone to shit? :P oh ok.... :lol: well depends on alot of factors. how the new one rates flow against the old one etc. if u havent changed or cleaned for along time. then yes.

im gonna change to a 3A racing pod to see what the go is, hopefully ill know whether or not its back to 600km+ per tank by the end of next week.

Do a t/b service and clean ya iac etc ensure plugs are good

for those of us who arent familiar with the short hand (me), what is t/b service and whats the IAC?

its all clean. consumption pre CAI was 400km to the half tank (since i fill up at half way), post CAI its at 220km to half a tank.

220 is very bad, this last tank ive been driving like an idiot and changing at 4.5 and 5 rpm, definetly not very fuel conservative and ive done 500km and still have quarter in the tank. have you been driving harder because of the CAI or still the same? maybe reset the ECU? or do a scan for any error codes?

Unplug the battery, give it 30 minutes (probably not even required that long), reconnect the battery and it's reset. The auto windows will also reset; so to make them auto again pull the lever up (with the window closed) and hold for a few seconds until you hear a soft click, then it's fixed.

im gonna change to a 3A racing pod to see what the go is, hopefully ill know whether or not its back to 600km+ per tank by the end of next week.

Dead o2 sensor? Does the exhaust smell really fuelly, or does your oil? Need to be careful of overfueling as too much fuel can wash the thin film of oil off of the bores.

Which CAI did you install? If the airflow to the MAFS isn't good it can read wrong and give all sorts of issues such as overfueling.