Toyota Genuine Slimline Weathershields

TRD340

Have to agree with A BUFF HAMSTER on this one. :whistling: They look the part but when it comes to practiality the larger slimline version is the go.But I suppose its all about what suits the individual.The tinted look will blend in nice with the colour of your car champ :clap:

yeah this is true the slim lines certainly are a far classier looking shield with their low profile look but mainly it's because they have the chrome strip as opposed to the larger ones been all plastic which to my eyes just look silly. You have chrome plastic and then chrome chrome again and it just doesn’t do it for me. So if you just want something to allow you to crack your window a few cm's in summer then slime lines are the go but if you actually want them to be useable when you’re driving then do yourself a favour and suck up the less attractiveness and get the full size ones :)

I sacrificed looks for practicality :( At least i can open my windows during the rain so my car doesn't fog up on the inside :D

Rainy Days i always turn the air conditioning on to, Air Conditioning works to cool or warm my mate thought that A/C is for cooling only.

I sacrificed looks for practicality :( At least i can open my windows during the rain so my car doesn't fog up on the inside :D

Rainy Days i always turn the air conditioning on to, Air Conditioning works to cool or warm my mate thought that A/C is for cooling only.

Not to mention A/C dries the air in the cabin. With moisture being removed, fogging up of the windscreen and windows on the inside isn't going to be a problem. If it's too cold, turn up the heat, but make sure your A/C is on.

A/C is definitely not just for cooling. Otherwise it'd be called Air COOLING rather than Air CONDITIONING.

Edited by Beep Beep

Yeah they certainly gets the thumbs up for looks and i too don’t have an issue with the cover they provide but can understand how some users would find them nothing sort of useless lol.

had to remove all the sticky residue

359efsw.jpg

thank god for scotch 700 adhesive cleaner

33z9s0z.jpg

ooyea

116ucso.jpg

e6cfpw.jpg

555506.jpg

1h9k6p.jpg

qrf4vq.jpg

6quqab.jpg

apbbsj.jpg

34yz154.jpg

These will be up for sale soon

fyeg6s.jpg

im getting a set of 20" vim wheels

5ygr4g.jpg

Edited by TRD340

had to remove all the sticky residue

359efsw.jpg

thank god for scotch 700 adhesive cleaner

33z9s0z.jpg

ooyea

116ucso.jpg

e6cfpw.jpg

555506.jpg

1h9k6p.jpg

qrf4vq.jpg

6quqab.jpg

apbbsj.jpg

34yz154.jpg

fyeg6s.jpg

im getting a set of 20" vim wheels

5ygr4g.jpg

Hey might be interested in those wheels depending on the price?

[quote name='TRD340' timestamp='1334644128' post='490932'

fyeg6s.jpg

Hey might be interested in those wheels depending on the price?

+1 here

They may be funcionally useless, but personally I prefer the look of my car with them than without them. If I didn't have slimlines, I wouldn't have any at all, so the lack of function is really a non-issue for me.

A/C is definitely not just for cooling. Otherwise it'd be called Air COOLING rather than Air CONDITIONING.

Funny we all know better, but so many of us still refer to air con for just cooling. It amuses me at home a bit. We have reverse-cycle air conditioners at home, but it summer we refer to them as air con, in winter we refer to them as heaters.

Hey TRD340,

You understated 'looking good' about your weather shields, they look fantastic, so do tell, who makes them? where did you get them from? I want a set, I have a black Aurion Touring and as part of the 'Dealer pack' when I bought it I got just the front weather shields (genuine) but was annoyed that they covered and don't have the chrome strip like yours, nice ride you have there, so where can I get a set like yours, my factory ones look crap covering the chrome. Look how it spoils the chrome line on mine in the pic below. Tell me where and I'll get a pair. And that means there is a genuine front set of weather shields for sale off mine if anyone wants them. PM me if you want so I can know where t get the weather shields like yours

post-27452-0-18035400-1335120038_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

Hey TRD340,

You understated 'looking good' about your weather shields, they look fantastic, so do tell, who makes them? where did you get them from? I want a set, I have a black Aurion Touring and as part of the 'Dealer pack' when I bought it I got just the front weather shields (genuine) but was annoyed that they covered and don't have the chrome strip like yours, nice ride you have there, so where can I get a set like yours, my factory ones look crap covering the chrome. Look how it spoils the chrome line on mine in the pic below. Tell me where and I'll get a pair. And that means there is a genuine front set of weather shields for sale off mine if anyone wants them. PM me if you want so I can know where t get the weather shields like yours

post-27452-0-18035400-1335120038_thumb.j

Lol fella you’re going to feel a little bit silly here BUTTTT they are the genuine SLIM LINE weather shields from Toyota. The ones half the Aurion’s on the road have lol and the ones the vast majority of us on here have:) Toyota sell two different types for both 40 and 50 series Camry and Aurion. You just have the normal functional ones instead of the good looking "mostly useless" ones we have :)

Yeah mine do stick out further but it really spoils the lines of the car with mine having no chrome strip to match the window frame. They came as part of the dealer pack I got when I bought it new, maybe the larger ones are cheaper due to the fact they don't look as good.

Edited by SATORI893

Nah the price of two standard sheilds are around the same price as the set of 4 slim line ones. only a few bucks difference. More likely that the pack just has the default "plastics" in it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed the problem with my weather strips, notice the difference, now the practical boring ones look good, before and after shots below, I got some 12mm chrome pinstripe and applied it around the weathershield and now they match in with the chrome around the windows on the car. Not good a good shot of the after one but you can see the difference, the 1st shot you can see the chrome stops at the weather shield (Ugly), the 2nd is after I put the chrome pinstripe on wide (not slimline) weathershields so they match in with the rest of the car..

post-27452-0-45232600-1336733249_thumb.jpost-27452-0-87272600-1336733313_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

• 2 weeks later...

Weather shields perform a great function …. They make heaps of wind noise!!!! When I bought my second hand 2008 Aurion they had been installed, I was amazed at how quiet the car was after removing them.