Wide wheels on a Stivo

hey guys

got an 04 rolla

and wanna get 15x8 0 offset wheel for it

any issues...gonna lower it with king springs???

thanks

see my post on page 3. im lowered on king super lows with 16x9 +15 and it scrubs heavily with rolled an flared guards IF you carry more than 1 extra passenger. if you drive by yourself only all the time then i'd say +15 is about the lowest you could go comfortably

Edited by gti_rsi

The black Sportivo on BBSs is sex. Does anyone have actual rim specs? I'm having major issues finding wide 16" rims in good offset/ 4x100 PCD.

Alf

Hey mate,

It is a real mission trying to find good offset wheels in 16" 4x100 specs, the problem is most deep dish rims with big offset support the 'older' style stud pattern of 4x114.3. Keep looking and I am sure you will find something decent.

On another note, getting the guards rolled and flared this weekend to fit my masif wheels, oh yeah B)

you getting them flared properly (cut inner skin, flare, weld in new metal) or just getting them done with a roller/mallet?

Most likely with a roller, but the goal is to be flared as much as possible without cutting out the inner skin, etc. and not ruining the paintwork (flaking, chipping etc.)

Pretty sure I can get the rears to fit, but the fronts are going to be a challenge.

16x8

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

looks sweet, seen this car on GSS facebook fanpage :-)

What offset are those rims??

+18???

[edit] - Sorry just noticed that they're +25, my bad.. I got distracted by the many pictures of awesomeness

I'm assume there isn't any difference regarding body with the pre-facelift models either right?

Also, are there any hub adapters there??

Offset is +20 and the bodies of the pre and facelift models are identical. No hub adaptors required.

16x8

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

This is perfect, love it!

@Clifton, thanks mate, hopefully able to get her to the next Sydney meet.

Are they bbs rims or copies?

The black Sportivo on BBSs is sex. Does anyone have actual rim specs? I'm having major issues finding wide 16" rims in good offset/ 4x100 PCD.

Alf

I'm running 16x8+20 BBS LMs. Depending on the look, some people prefer more poke, others like stance. Form over function I say!

If you do the sums on it you get he following;

Stock 16x6

6" (152.4mm) wide +45 offset

width of rim inboard of the hub: 152.4/2 + 45 = 121.2mm

width of rim outboard of the hub: 152.4/2 - 45 = 31.2mm

16x8

8" (203.2mm) wide 0 offset

width of rim inboard of the hub: 203.2/2 = 101.6mm

width of rim outboard of the hub: 203.2/2 = 101.6mm

So it will stick further out by 70mm, or almost 3". If you go with a +30 offset it would improve things by a lot, but it'll still stick out a fair bit. Go with a 7" wide rim with +35 offset.

You should get 16x8.5 and be all hellaflush and **** Dave. That'll improve your lap times fo' sho.

• Like 1

hey guys

as you know i am lookin to run my 04 rolla with 15x8 0 offset

also just wondering i heard from a friend that 'these wheels dont clear sportivo brake calipers"

just wondering if the conquest (my car) has smaller brakes then the sportivo ones???

and if i choose to run 205/50 ish spec tyres...will i still need to roll the guards on em.??

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread but i have a similar question about wheels clearing the brake calipers.

I'm ordering 17x8.25 +25 wheels, would this be a problem??

Are those XXRs by any chance? I don't believe brake caliper clearance is an issue, but guard clearance will definitely be!

Sorry to bump this thread but i have a similar question about wheels clearing the brake calipers.

I'm ordering 17x8.25 +25 wheels, would this be a problem??

Keen to see this once you're done, I considered for awhile but the major guard work to get +0 under put me off lol. Also bear in mind that unless you get camber bolts or something for the rear, its hard to dial in negative camber.

Yup they're xxr530's! heres some pics of those specs im getting :spiteful:

http://i1081.photobu...lp/DSC_0348.jpg

http://i1081.photobu...lp/DSC_0349.jpg

Would 205/40 be too much stretch for an 8.25inch wide wheel?

Keen to see this once you're done, I considered for awhile but the major guard work to get +0 under put me off lol. Also bear in mind that unless you get camber bolts or something for the rear, its hard to dial in negative camber.

I'll post up pics for sure, hoping they arrive in the next week. They're only +25 so i dont think i'll have the need for camber? and i currently have 17's on 205/40 tyres at with lowered springs and the gap is still fairly large. I'm probs gna get the same sized tyres for the new wheels, will see how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hey guys im looking to run 16x8 +38 with 235 wide tyres (car is lowered on coils)

has anyone tried this set up or something similar and if so is it just guard rolling that needs to be done?

If thats a no go i was thinking maybe 17x7 +35 with 225 wide tyres

i really just want the widest tyres i can possibly run on either a 16 or 17 inch rim with just rolling the guards (with minimal to no scrubbing)

any help is appreciated thanks!