Alex's 2005 Corolla Sportivo!!! :) PICS! More pics now page 2!

alexl8891

Hey guys/girls

This I can say with pride is my 2nd car, 2005 corolla sportivo in white! First car was also a white car but was a 1995 honda civic sedan, it served me very well throughout hgihschool and uni, never had any issues with it, strong little quality car that didn't make a fuss. *** i take all that back lol... just took this car to get RWC, turns out it requires at least 1.5k to get roadworthy.. brake master cylinder, timing belt kit, some engine leak and someother small things :(

I decided to get a newer car and give the honda to my girlfriend who has a bomb of a car at the moment. I originally was going to stick with honda and get something in the lines of an accord euro.. test drove a few - don't get me wrong, quality car..love honda, but it was just too boring and grandpa like. Integra type R was unfortunately out of my price bracket and a bit too racer for me (2 doors). So i opted to test drive and have a look at the corolla sportivo. Was not a total fan of the pre-facelift look so went hunting for the facelift model.

I test drove a couple but was completely sold on the 'white' one. It already came with a handful of mods... I wonder if the original owner is on this forum.. or was?

- Shocks and springs

- upgraded clutch

- TRD intake

- Whiteline front strut bar

- TRD pedals

Original car:

20120330_191343.jpg

Added modification:

- 16" Buddy club racing wheels SF limited matte black edition (I originally wanted some white wheels however these were too good a deal to pass up on! :) ) When i went to look at these in person they were coated in white and brown dust with specs everywhere and looked like they were in horrid condition.. took them home.. one wipe, low and behold an almost new set of rims!! Was like finding treasure

- Whiteline rear sway bar

- New MAF sensor

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

20120420_122950.jpg

Future modifications:

- More bracing - DONE maybe think about a rear strut brace if i can find one for cheap.

- Coilovers - not for a while me thinks..

- Ported headers - still mulling this over.

- Short shifter + weighted shift knob - weighted shift knob on its way.

- source a leather celica/ replacement steering wheel as is fairly worn out

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think and if there's anything you can sell to me :)

Alex.

Edited by alexl8891

welcome to the club mate, such a clean sportivo!! i have a black one but i think i might change for white!! looks nicer and alot cleaner + you dont see scratches :spiteful: lol

anyways goodluck with your modding!!

cheers

welcome to the club mate, such a clean sportivo!! i have a black one but i think i might change for white!! looks nicer and alot cleaner + you dont see scratches :spiteful: lol

anyways goodluck with your modding!!

cheers

Yeah i looked at a black one when i was searching for them... they indeed do show alot scratches and dings. But if i had to choose it would of been black or white. would just have to take really good care of it. It's not as clean as it looks, i purposely took photos of the right side as the left side there are a few small scrapes on rear quarter panel but have been touched up.

Very clean and tasteful Sportivo, i'm glad you ended up with the buddyclubs, black 16's look SO right.

blue wheelnuts matching the text on the rim! This I like btw!

Edited by Bristowe

White face-lift, you don't see many of those. Good work keeping it tidy!

I didn't know they were rare? I hardly see many sportivos around brisbane anyway.

So clean... I love it :)

Thanks bro!

Very clean and tasteful Sportivo, i'm glad you ended up with the buddyclubs, black 16's look SO right.

blue wheelnuts matching the text on the rim! This I like btw!

Thanks mate, yeah i'm happy with the buddyclubs... wasn't too sold on black as I had black rims before on the civic but these rims are a class above

Incredibly clean, well done.

Thanks, will try and keep it that way.

Awesome, 16s look perfect!

Cheers buddy!

Does anyone know the full specs of the wheels?

Thanks.

16x8 +40 i think from memory

damn, lovin your ride ;)

Thanks for the kind words! :)

are those rims 16's?? they look HOT..

oh nice..if only i could of found a white sportivo before,but it was hard so ended up with a blue one LOL :D

funny you mention that, I wanted a blue facelift but couldnt find any, so I went with white.

are those rims 16's?? they look HOT..

oh nice..if only i could of found a white sportivo before,but it was hard so ended up with a blue one LOL :D

funny you mention that, I wanted a blue facelift but couldnt find any, so I went with white.

want to straight swap? LOL .. nah im going to give my one a full respray when i cbf working on it !