New Rukus Owner

flexin

Hey guys, just thought id let you fellas know that i recieved my rukus today!, 2012 / Superwhite aka Glacierwhite / Build 3.

I also got the blue interior illumination, Mats and the toyota anti-theft lock nuts.

The cars looks sexy!, the only thing i have done so far is removed the rukus badge on the rear end.

Future mods -

2 hid kits ( 6000k 35w / 1 for the low beams other kit for the fogs ) ( already bought )

Fog lights USDM ( already bought )

White Led lights ( for parkers / interior dome lights / rear number plate / reverse lights ) ( already bought )

Front lip ( already bought )

NIA eyelids ( already bought, still waiting for them )

Ill be buying some 19" wheels for it and also getting it dropped within the next couple weeks, just need to find the right ones..

also thinking about spraying the fog casings and the front grill and the 2 side vent grills white to color code the bar...

That's it for now, ill take pics when i finish with everything i mentioned :).. thanks guys, very pleased with this buy.. car runs real well

- Jim

Hey guys, just thought id let you fellas know that i recieved my rukus today!, 2012 / Superwhite aka Glacierwhite / Build 3.

I also got the blue interior illumination, Mats and the toyota anti-theft lock nuts.

The cars looks sexy!, the only thing i have done so far is removed the rukus badge on the rear end.

Future mods -

2 hid kits ( 6000k 35w / 1 for the low beams other kit for the fogs ) ( already bought )

White Led lights ( for parkers / interior dome lights / rear number plate / reverse lights ) ( already bought )

Ill be buying some 19" wheels for it and also getting it dropped within the next couple weeks, just need to find the right ones..

also thinking about spraying the fog casings and the front grill and the 2 side vent grills white to color code the bar...

That's it for now, ill take pics when i finish with everything i mentioned :).. thanks guys, very pleased with this buy.. car runs real well

- Jim

What lip are you going to run?

• 1 month later...

Future mods -

- Jim

What lip are you going to run?

I pmed you, heres some pictures to see the progress.. note i still haven't washed the car and the photo's are dodgy lol, when i order the mafia series eyelids then ill take some proper photos,

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

( low beams and fogs have the same hid kit in them, they look excatly the same in person, so sexy! )

Edited by flexin

looks good mate, just need some lowering ;)

Deffs needs an axing.... Like the colored grill combo never seen it before....

Did you run a separate switch for the fogs or use the standard trd one?

looks good mate, just need some lowering ;)

Deffs needs an axing.... Like the colored grill combo never seen it before....

Did you run a separate switch for the fogs or use the standard trd one?

Won't be dropping it just yet, still digging how smooth the ride is lol.. probly within the next year and also a full audio install.. regarding the switch if you mean the oem switch that comes with the fogs well then yes that's what i used.. wont be doing anything else for now apart from the forjworks eyelids, i had the nia eyelids but i dont really like the look of them

yeh, when i get some time ill post up some pics there as well, or ill wait till i take some proper ones after the car gets a good wash..

ill get to lowering it eventually, i just like the smooth roads at the moment, sydney has some terrible roads i know if i drop it im gonna regret the driveability

Awesome looking front end treatment jim, as i'm taking delivery of a Build 2 in early july, wanting to know where you picked up that particular kit from,as i think it would look good on my new purchase...

Regards.....James

I think I spotted this twice last week on King Georges Rd. Twas the rims that got my attention, looks great rolling

Lol yeah man.. i work at lidcombe, so im up and down king georges 6 days a week !.. do you own a rukus by any chance? thanks for the compliment on the rims.

Awesome looking front end treatment jim, as i'm taking delivery of a Build 2 in early july, wanting to know where you picked up that particular kit from,as i think it would look good on my new purchase...

Regards.....James

Hey man, congrats with the buy.. im sure you are going to be very pleased with the purchase!.. regarding the kit, which part do you mean? the foglights?.. the grill is color coded which i got sprayed myself.. if you need anything just pm me.. thanks bud

Regards.....James

Congrats James....

When you take delivery you should come to one of our weekly meet ups here in Melbourne

Thanks Chris,

those meets sound like a good idea, definately come along after delivery,thanks for that,am located in werribee so not far.

Yea jim i was referring to both of those items, grille and and foglights, looks excellent.......

I think I spotted this twice last week on King Georges Rd. Twas the rims that got my attention, looks great rolling

Lol yeah man.. i work at lidcombe, so im up and down king georges 6 days a week !.. do you own a rukus by any chance? thanks for the compliment on the rims.

I have a silver Corolla, sure I'll spot you again, I work at Clyde and use King Georges too ;)

Thanks Chris,

those meets sound like a good idea, definately come along after delivery,thanks for that,am located in werribee so not far.

Yea jim i was referring to both of those items, grille and and foglights, looks excellent.......

Jim panted the grill the same color as the car as for the fogs they ate from trd sparks in America.. South Carolina I believe... Top service if you need parts hit em up

I have a silver Corolla, sure I'll spot you again, I work at Clyde and use King Georges too ;)

lol, no worries.

Thanks Chris,

Yeah as Chris stated you can order the foglight kit from trd sparks in america, i bought mine from castle hill toyota from sydney, they have a website.. i just bought local because its easy.. but you will probably save abit buying from trd sparks, its the exact same kit, comes with the scion xb installation instructions.. but the only thing is your going to have to make your own wiring harness with a relay.. as for the grill i got sprayed to match the rest of the car.. just for something different and i already had that idea pre-planned..also hid's in the foglights look so sex expecially if you match them with the low beams, just be careful with the globes, i used too much strenght to push and twist one in the back of the foglights and i broke the plastic groove things on the globe so i had to secure the globe in with a metal wire wrapped around the back of the foglight,although i still bought another hid kit..just incase they stop making that brand etc... goodluck bro!

looking good Jim, I agree with Chris.... Needs more low and spacers

thanks mate.. yeh, it's in motion...i need to work out the right ride height first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey iv spoted you so many times around 1am in the mornings.! On king gorges road I always drive past you I'm the white corolla with hid your hid's always get my attention nice work with your foogies dude .

Hey iv spoted you so many times around 1am in the mornings.! On king gorges road I always drive past you I'm the white corolla with hid your hid's always get my attention nice work with your foogies dude .

haha, thats awesome bro LOL, that's 2 people on this forum now that have spotted the car on king georges on more than one occasion, i work at lidcombe, i have early starts which is why you catch me on the way to work!, next time you spot my box beep the horn and hopefully i remember this conversation and know its you ! :)