Is a sportivo backfiring normal?

Hey guys, a few months ago I got a 2.5" SS M.B catback installed. Ever since I've gotten frequent backfiring. Is that normal? If it isn't, I've just found this massive hole..

post-24312-0-09212800-1334980249_thumb.j

I'm definitely gonna get that hole fixed up under warranty on Tuesday but would that be the source of the car backfiring? Or should I be looking deeper. I've felt around and haven't felt any other leaks but I could've missed something

ohhh fair enough, so it is normal! haha. and yeah it is fkn huge. radiant exhausts -.- I have a feeling they burnt that hole in on thursday when i made them re-weld my hangers, it was hanging way too low

radiant exhausts? yeah they do a rough job, the last time i was there they were fixing my car, i was watching them like a hawk, i asked the guy who fixed it "so how do i know if its not leaking again or not?" he goes "just block the exhaust and look for it"

i replied looking right into his eyes, "ok we'll do that then, if there are still leaks, i'm coming back here and ur going to do the whole thing again... see ya later mate"

LAWL. lucky for them they did it properly. welds arent the best but at least the hole isnt there anymore. doesnt have to be a very clean weld on the outside but as long as it doesnt protrude inside blocking flow ur right. how did i know? i stuck a plumbers camera inside the exhaust to take a look at the whole piping. ;)

was thinking of taking it to radiant for my headers but not anymore lol. ill just pay abit more at hp mufflers :whistling:

on the main topic my car backfires alot as well ahaha

Edited by ptagna

radiant exhausts? yeah they do a rough job, the last time i was there they were fixing my car, i was watching them like a hawk, i asked the guy who fixed it "so how do i know if its not leaking again or not?" he goes "just block the exhaust and look for it"

i replied looking right into his eyes, "ok we'll do that then, if there are still leaks, i'm coming back here and ur going to do the whole thing again... see ya later mate"

LAWL. lucky for them they did it properly. welds arent the best but at least the hole isnt there anymore. doesnt have to be a very clean weld on the outside but as long as it doesnt protrude inside blocking flow ur right. how did i know? i stuck a plumbers camera inside the exhaust to take a look at the whole piping. ;)

LOL exactly what I'm gonna say :P but is that how you actually check for leaks?

argh dont go to hp mufflers, they did a horrid job on my exhaust.

take it to JAKs, ask for danny and say phil sent you..

Really? All I've heard was good feedback from people who've been there.

argh dont go to hp mufflers, they did a horrid job on my exhaust.

take it to JAKs, ask for danny and say phil sent you..

ahh i though hp mufflers was good lol :/

where about is "JAKs" tried googling it couldnt find it lol