Kluger - Noise in dash panel

PeterEC

Left home to drive into town the other day, listening to something on the radio. Suddenly a sharp rattle / vibration developed under the dash panel somewhere. It just so happens that I love my car as it always runs quiet and smooth. This loud rattle came as a shock to the system.

I naturally applied the standard immediate fix by hammering my fist on various parts of the dash gradually getting more violent and less in love with my car.

Nothing I did worked.

Several moments later, I gave up on trying to listen to the AM station I was on and switched over to FM.

Problem solved immediately. No noise. In all my years I have never heard a radio station deliver anything like the vibrating racket as a background noise during a talkback radio show. Never jump to hasty conclusions I suppose.

hi peter

It seems in my opinion that later toyota radios arent as good as the older models, I think its due to the radio aerial in the glass and not outside the car, after owning four toyotas , thats just my opinion.

I also think the stereos In the newer toyotas arent as good as the older models, I have noticed the kluger stereo isnt as good as my old prado, I think its more due to the speakers, they lack clarity.