Amp Problem

Nino_Leb

my amp and sb were working perfectly and the next day i started to get engine/alternator noise from the amp-sub. this noise is like a constant loud MMMMMMM noise and only occurs once engine is on. When i drive the sound is louder than the car :blink: . Anyone know how to fix this problem ..

thankss

my amp and sb were working perfectly and the next day i started to get engine/alternator noise from the amp-sub. this noise is like a constant loud MMMMMMM noise and only occurs once engine is on. When i drive the sound is louder than the car  :blink: . Anyone know how to fix this problem ..

thankss

Check that all ur cable insulation is still intact and importantly your grounding for ur audio as well. I sounds like you have a minor short somewhere in the works. :(

Hey Nick...

Possibly also could be caused by a power lead being to close to a speaker/RCA lead.

Check that they are fine, and also as negatron said, check the groundings and make sure all your earths are nice, neat and secure.

How does your system hook up? Do you have a RCA Pre-Out from the HU or are you using speaker outs...

Cheers

A

i'm having exact same problem :(

i ran power up the left side and rca's and the speaker wire from the amp back to the fronts up the right.

grounded onto the bolt of one of the luggage hooks in the boot, stripped paint and everything. still getting some whining.

any ideas ?

i'm having exact same problem :(

i ran power up the left side and rca's and the speaker wire from the amp back to the fronts up the right.

grounded onto the bolt of one of the luggage hooks in the boot, stripped paint and everything. still getting some whining.

any ideas ?

I am unsure how much they are, but I think they are about $20 from Autobarn/Supercheap etc.,..

It's called an inline noise suppressor....

my amp and sb were working perfectly and the next day i started to get engine/alternator noise from the amp-sub. this noise is like a constant loud MMMMMMM noise and only occurs once engine is on. When i drive the sound is louder than the car  :blink: . Anyone know how to fix this problem ..

thankss

sure its not the super charger you can hear nick ?? :P

what happend is i purchased a pioneer unit witht the built in screen and dvd player 2 12 inch JL audio subs and a 4 channel amp.so i took the old sytem out replaaced it with this and WHining like a bitch..i done everything i could think off.even ripping apart the whole thing and installing it again. now ive lost motivation...as for the supercharger comment ...no comment :rolleyes:

Edited by Nino_Leb

did u try put on an engine noise filter?

cost about 35-50 bucks.. helps keep the level of buzzing down while engine is running  ;)

I had the loud buzzing sounds when I did my install as well. One of those "noice filters" didn't really work well.

But I found out that if I grounded my RCA plugs, the sound went away. :blink: Go figure. Arcxis and I had to go through the entire car to figure out what to do and that was the thing that seemed to work best.

sure its not the super charger you can hear nick ?? :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

as for the supercharger comment ...no comment  :rolleyes:

Double HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P