Camry 2003 ACV36R OBD2 connector problem.

achris

Hello,

I'm new here, but not new to forums. I'm in Perth (southern suburbs) and this is my wife's car. I have just taken on the servicing as it's now out of the extended warranty we bought it with.

I have an OBD2 connector (using ELM327) with USB connectivity and a laptop

I am having a problem getting connected to this vehicle. I wasn't sure if it was the car or my connector, so I checked it with my mothers' 2003 Mazda 6 and with works perfectly with all software packages supplied with the tool.

I am wondering if anybody else has a 2003 and are having problems connecting...or if any body can tell me what protocol and pins this vehicle uses...

Many thanks for you help....

Chris......

australia only made OBDII ports a requirement from 2007. some of these pre-2007 seem to be OBDII compliant but in fact they are not. My 2003 corolla isn't OBDII compatible even though the port is shaped like one. i narrowed the type of port down to 2 types... ISO and i forgot the other one. but yeah its a PITA.

Thanks for that... The port even says "OBDII" on the cover... Any idea what works, and how I read this sucker?

It's an earlier OBDII system so chances are your handheld doesn't have the data chip required. I've had 3 different OBDII scanners plugged in mine and none of them work.

A workshop OBDII reader however (those damn expensive ones you wouldn't bother buying for home use) will read it no problem.

It's an earlier OBDII system so chances are your handheld doesn't have the data chip required. I've had 3 different OBDII scanners plugged in mine and none of them work.

A workshop OBDII reader however (those damn expensive ones you wouldn't bother buying for home use) will read it no problem.

Thanks for that Gordon. Not going to invest in a 'damned expensive reader'... At least I know it's not me...

Cheers...

Edited by achris