prius hybrid car

shaohaok

DSC01510_Large.sized.jpg

DSC01513_Large.sized.jpg

DSC01514_Large.sized.jpg

DSC01520_Large.sized.jpg

there are more pics in the gallery. very cool car. VERY QUIET! it sorta coasts around like a golf kart. power is better than i had expected, too.

also has sooo many gadgets. unlocks itself when u touch the door handles, has bluetooth transmitter so ya bluetooth fone can interface with the built-in handsfree (supports up to 4 fones!!), to start the car, just step on the brake and push the power button!

I think the Honda Civic Hybrid is pretty affordable at AD$29,990. ALso can you guys imagine how much money we would be saving in petrol by getting these cars? I estimate we will be saving around AD$1200-AD$1500 worth of petrol per year if we travel around 20,000km every year. Not bad, plus the added benefit of environmental friendliness! :lol:

I think the Honda Civic Hybrid is pretty affordable at AD$29,990. ALso can you guys imagine how much money we would be saving in petrol by getting these cars? I estimate we will be saving around AD$1200-AD$1500 worth of petrol per year if we travel around 20,000km every year. Not bad, plus the added benefit of environmental friendliness! :lol:

But you forget that there's still the electricity cost? Wonder if that will be really expensive?

• 8 years later...

Hello Newbie or Anyone around,

I am Subbu. Newbie, Are you still around?

I am excited and happy by all your questions of Oct.2010 and answered point-wise by Dolce_vita. Me, am a new driver (a few months), knew nothing about a normal car (still nothing about a hybrid for sure), but that to just drive safe (with less of honks around me when i am on road). Well, this is our first family car, never owned a car before. Honestly, some of your those questions were lingering in my mind and you had added actually more. Thanks first for that.

Please advice, for a new buyer looking at buying a used car. I will have to drive as you did it 2010.

1. Now, hopefully you have a prius now?

2. Do you agree with Dolce_vita’s answers hold still good? Or, would you change any?

3. Specifically I am comparing between Camry and Prius practicality. Of course, I am aware of the technicalities that Camry runs on petrol and Prius on battery and petrol, switching accordingly. But please do answer your own questions of Oct.2010, if you dont have an idea about Camry.

Thanks in advance and regards

Subbu

Hi Subbu

Maybe you should post against Dolce_Vita's thread, since it is about buying a Prius.

I would agree with Dolce_Vita's answers, however the price of servicing is a little higher (inflation) and the price of a replacement HV battery is a little lower.

Here's a few things to consider:

Since that post, Toyota Australia has released the NVW30 Prius (Gen III), the Toyota Camry Hybrid, the Prius C and the Prius V and you could include the Lexus CT on that list. So you can now choose from a compact hatch, a medium-sized hatch, a sedan and a 7-seater wagon.

You say that you have a 2009 Prius. Is it the same model as the photos above (2004-2009 Gen II) or is it the later model Gen III?

• 2 weeks later...