New rims amd tyres

jaay

Hey guys

I need some help on rims and tyres.

Im looking at some XXR 521 16x8 +20 that will go on a ae112 with 205/40-16 tyres.

The stock size for the corolla is 14x5.5 wrapped with 175/65-14.

I am currently using stock suspention if that helps.

Any recomendations would be very helpful!

Thanks

Suspension first. If you put those wheels on with unrolled guards and stock suspension you will ruin the guards! I have 14x5.25 +10 or +15 on my AE102 with 185/60's and because of the stocko suspension i hit the guard and rippled it a touch. If i kept driving on it like that my guard would have been stuffed.

Also from a bloke on twin spam with a sportivo.. same size, same wheel ;)

DSCF1036copy.jpg

DSCF1032copy.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1024copy.jpg

Ive read his thread before and when i saw them i was like I HAVE TO GET THEM! lol

But while i was reading i was confussed because he didnt mention anything about his suspension. Unless i missed something :s coz i thought it would of been just a throw on thing but im just making sure :)

So if i decide to get these do i roll my guards and leave the suspension, or roll my gaurds and change the suspension?

Sorry for the noobie questions man. I appriciate your help and suggestions :)

Thanks

Edited by jaay

Change your suspension, buy your wheels then roll your guards to suit ;)

He has got 8/6kg spring rates in MRP coilovers which is very stiff for a daily driver, if you like it stiff, then great! not many people do though :P

My car is heaps lighter and I run 6/4 and mine feel stiff to everyone but its still too soft for me lol each to their own!

16x8 is going go be really hard as it will hit your suspension and guard unless it some epic low offset then you would need some guard work or camber, i have an ae111 which shares the same chassis as the ae112 it can be done,just harder.also you're probably going to have a world of issues turning

16x8 is going go be really hard as it will hit your suspension and guard unless it some epic low offset then you would need some guard work or camber, i have an ae111 which shares the same chassis as the ae112 it can be done,just harder.also you're probably going to have a world of issues turning

Man i was so keen on getting some but in the end i was planning not to spend so much as im budgeting. But the rims are pretty cheapish, there like $800-900 including shipping thats why i thought i ask before i get them. Im better off just getting decent 16's and dropping it just a bit.

Does anyone no the maxium width the rims can be to fit on the corolla without interferring the gurads and suspension if possible?

Thanks

You only have to roll your rear guards which shouldnt cost you any more than 100, a second hand AE92 spring/shock combo should set you back a couple hundred. Add your rim + tyre price to this and youre set! alternatively you could wait until a second hand set of these pops up on firesport or another forum etc.

If you shop around and do it over time it wont hit you as bad. ;)

Also you should be all right with a set of 16x7 +35 but theyll be fairly sunk on the rear, with 195's?

Edited by 4ABHGE

depends on the offset of the wheels and height of your vehicle

The offset of the rims are +20 and stock height.

I emailed the guy from MRP for coilovers and he said that it costs $1150 delievered for either 6/4k or 8/6k springs But now that you mentioned AE92 shocks/springs....;) will that be the better option if i just need to change the springs/shocks and roll the guards?

Will it be a direct fit or need to mod it?

Thanks guys so much for helping me appriciate it guys

Edited by jaay

depends on the offset of the wheels and height of your vehicle

The offset of the rims are +20 and stock height.

I emailed the guy from MRP for coilovers and he said that it costs $1150 delievered for either 6/4k or 8/6k springs But now that you mentioned AE92 shocks/springs.... ;) will that be the better option if i just need to change the springs/shocks and roll the guards?

Will it be a direct fit or need to mod it?

Thanks guys so much for helping me appriciate it guys

My mum had an AE112R on stock height it's going to look horrible, you should be able to run 16x7 fine.. AE92 shock/springs i'm a little unsure? I "think" they chassis is shared so it should be okay, realistically if you aren't going to track or you just want to drop it on a budget, get springs, you will probably blow your shocks eventually but then that's a story for another day.

Haha my car looks bad as it i with the rims that i have on now lol. But whats the difference from the ae92 to ae112 with shocks and springs?

Ill look at 16x7 now and see what i can get :) thanks man

Thanks for that man! :)

Hmm making me think...maybe i should just stick with some 16x7's?

Just a question, what is the min and max offset i can get without having trouble with guards and suspension?

well it depends on the tyre profile you are running, wish i could give more definite answers but it's very trial and error..

i've played around with my coilovers/spacers heaps

Fair enough man. Ill see how ill go, ill keep looking. Ill keep you updated!

Thanks for your help budz :D

Youll need AE92 shocks as well as springs, you cant just use one and not the other as theyre different size, but they will fit as all the mounting points are the same ;)

You dont want to go less than +35 with a 7" wide rim.

Youll need AE92 shocks as well as springs, you cant just use one and not the other as theyre different size, but they will fit as all the mounting points are the same ;)

You dont want to go less than +35 with a 7" wide rim.

so if i get all four shocks/springs off a ae92, will it be lower than the stock ae112 springs/shocks and thiner/smaller?

AND then i can fit the rims on + roll the guards? lol

sorry if im fustrating i just need to no before i act on anything.

thanks

Btw, there is a ae92 thats currently wreaking and i texted him saying if he has shocks/springs and he goes i have pedders shocks and springs for 300 for the set for the ae92. Would this be a good option to go with?

so if i get all four shocks/springs off a ae92, will it be lower than the stock ae112 springs/shocks and thiner/smaller?

AND then i can fit the rims on + roll the guards? lol

sorry if im fustrating i just need to no before i act on anything.

thanks

Yes. They just have a different spring diameter and may be slightly shorter, which is a good thing because moar low.. ;)

Btw, there is a ae92 thats currently wreaking and i texted him saying if he has shocks/springs and he goes i have pedders shocks and springs for 300 for the set for the ae92. Would this be a good option to go with?

Pedders arent bad. Double check the bump stops and the stiffness of them all. that price is fair.

i asked him the spring rate and he has no idea

then i asked is the ride soft or stiff

and he said the shocks and springs are pedders comfort ride....

is it worth it?

Lol like ill get them if thats the cheaper option to go with and if all mounting points are the same, coming from you guys they are. :)

Im better off with them if they wont interfer with the rim and suspension. :D

Thank you for your help! And sorry for all the nooobie questions! Lol