Toyota Stout Wiring Diagram

PA_MAN

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone out there has a wiring diagram for a Toyota Stout, Preferably 68-75 RK101

Many Thanks

i have seen this question a few times and i have not seen one, nor has anyone else that has commented.

what i have done myself was in fitting a 1962 cab on a 74 chassis is strip both looms and grafted them together, so if i can help

Thanks for that, I found a burnt wire and was hopeing to find an original wiring diagram which gives the colours and where they go,

Will have to do it the long way and track it back, I did get hold of a Toyopet (1963 ) manual but of course option and colours are different.

the earlier models had a generator and the later alternators, the basic functions are the same ish colours eg turn signals, lights but that is it.

what colour is your burnt wire, plus location and i can tell you what it dose, as one common fault with the stouts is brighter headlights being fitted than were factory and the power supply is unable the extra load and in the earlier models nor could the light switches.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got up to do some stuff on the Stout today, Its a black wire with yellow stripe which runs along the back firewall in the main bundle.

black wire with yellow stripe is ignition only active and runs from the ignition to the fuse battern, from there it is a smaller wire and powers the coil and the anti dieseling solenoid (if the carby has one) in the engine bay.

not all the carby that were fitted to the 5R had anti dieseling solinoids, yet they had the wires for it as it also has a white with a black stripe that continues on to the charge regulator/alternator.

oh due to location the anti dieseling wire tends to get shorted with the battery terminals and it is not until the fuse blows the wire smokes when the key gets turned on before the realization of opps that was wrong, as if the carby dose not have the anti dieseling " it stops fuel through idle jets" the wire seems to have no home.

Edited by whysmee2

• 4 years later...