remote start alarm system

melvinlau

hey guys,

i've had a 2 way car alarm for just over a year now, for those who don't know what i'm on about, its a system which allows the car to send info back to me, i.e. when my alarm goes off, when doors are open, etc etc... and a function on my system is remote engine start (when i hit a button i can start the engine), but i was told i couldn't install it because of the immobiliser so i just decided not to bother with that part. but what i want to know is, is it true? is it not possible to remote start it?

thanks guys

hey guys,

i've had a 2 way car alarm for just over a year now, for those who don't know what i'm on about, its a system which allows the car to send info back to me, i.e. when my alarm goes off, when doors are open, etc etc... and a function on my system is remote engine start (when i hit a button i can start the engine), but i was told i couldn't install it because of the immobiliser so i just decided not to bother with that part. but what i want to know is, is it true? is it not possible to remote start it?

thanks guys

not true.

u can bypass the immobalizer

check out the viper alarm system

they can do it

I recently had an alarm installed with pager capabilities and a 3 point imobiliser. When i asked about remote start and window lift they said it is possible but very difficult, they also told me remote start comprimises security and its not worth it. Maybe with a change of immobiliser it is possible.

yeh it is illegal, but how are they gonna know really? unless u total your car and they inspect it, or ur next to a cop and decide to show off :P but it seems that its just not worth considering it

That's not really the problem...

The problem is insurance not paying out if you have an accident and they find out.

Also.. should you leave your car in gear and start the car remotely forgetting... well... would make you look like a bit of an idiot. :lol:

yeh it is illegal, but how are they gonna know really? unless u total your car and they inspect it, or ur next to a cop and decide to show off :P but it seems that its just not worth considering it

That's not really the problem...

The problem is insurance not paying out if you have an accident and they find out.

Also.. should you leave your car in gear and start the car remotely forgetting... well... would make you look like a bit of an idiot. :lol:

if ur car is stolen i think is the main issue with insurance .. they will see that it was stolen and that u had remote start and then shove a pineapple up ur a$$

as they mentioned a bypass relay to work with ur stock immoboliser will do the trick.. i've asked already .. cost another $250-300 to get it working with my viper.. but lots of ppl do not recommend it. Some ppl say it plays around with ur alternator.

dont be lazy man

just get into the car and start it yourself

save 200-300 for other mods

haha its got nothing to do with laziness, because u still got to put the key in afterwards, otherwise the car dies. It's just a rice thing :P

dont be lazy man

just get into the car and start it yourself

save 200-300 for other mods

haha its got nothing to do with laziness, because u still got to put the key in afterwards, otherwise the car dies. It's just a rice thing :P

I got my viper alarm fitted on a manual skyline for $500