CES exahust and headers

nah no more... i'm over it lol... Never investing in a performance exhaust until i've heard it and been in a car with it on. That's me ey, just way impulsive. Never thinking always just doing it.

Wonder how long it would take to polish up the whole muffler barrel and all, not just the tip.

I took my old headers in to CES this morning and asked Trevor about the exhaust noise..he was absolutely adamant that the CES exhaust does not drone or resonate within the cabin. He's gonna find time next week and will be refitting it back to the car himself to make sure the drone and resonation is not there. He did mention a bigger resonator if need be.

If you know of anyone with one installed, jump in their car and let me know if it drones at all :)

I dunno man, something about the varex just doesn't do it for me.

i had a CES installed once upon a time ago, i certainly felt a difference in lift after i installed it, however your quite right- it drones badly. I went back to stock after about 2 months with it on (had to swap over as i started work at 5am and couldnt stand hearing the exhaust drone so early in the morning).

Dont worry though, if you put it up for sale in this forum, it will get sold in a heart beat.

I run stock piping into a remus muffler. Slightly louder with a deeper note than the stock muffler, but definitely no drone. Freeway drives @ 110 km/h are fine for both driver and passengers.

I have a CES exhaust on my Stivo and I think it sounds like a million dollars at all revs. Zero Droneing.

No exhaust will sound good when it is new, it needs time to heat, cool and build up a coating inside and create its unique sound. Give it a few weeks and im sure you will fall in love with it.

I put a cat back on my previous car and it sounded like crap for a week or so.

My advice is take it for a good long drive at all revs ie dont just sit on a high way @ 100.

I have a CES exhaust on my Stivo and I think it sounds like a million dollars at all revs. Zero Droneing.

No exhaust will sound good when it is new, it needs time to heat, cool and build up a coating inside and create its unique sound. Give it a few weeks and im sure you will fall in love with it.

I put a cat back on my previous car and it sounded like crap for a week or so.

My advice is take it for a good long drive at all revs ie dont just sit on a high way @ 100.

So from a scale of 1-10 how much in cabin exhaust resonation/ noise can you hear from your exhaust....

Did you get it installed at CES? If possible can I meet up with you and listen to it in cabin?

nah no more... i'm over it lol... Never investing in a performance exhaust until i've heard it and been in a car with it on. That's me ey, just way impulsive. Never thinking always just doing it.

Wonder how long it would take to polish up the whole muffler barrel and all, not just the tip.

I took my old headers in to CES this morning and asked Trevor about the exhaust noise..he was absolutely adamant that the CES exhaust does not drone or resonate within the cabin. He's gonna find time next week and will be refitting it back to the car himself to make sure the drone and resonation is not there. He did mention a bigger resonator if need be.

If you know of anyone with one installed, jump in their car and let me know if it drones at all :)

I dunno man, something about the varex just doesn't do it for me.

i had a CES installed once upon a time ago, i certainly felt a difference in lift after i installed it, however your quite right- it drones badly. I went back to stock after about 2 months with it on (had to swap over as i started work at 5am and couldnt stand hearing the exhaust drone so early in the morning).

Dont worry though, if you put it up for sale in this forum, it will get sold in a heart beat.

mmm well i had ported headers and exhaust done... Top end 'may' have felt a bit better but it certainly wasn't a big difference... very subtle. It's weird how some ppl say it drones and some ppl say it doesnt... i wonder if there is a way it has to be installed.

When driving under 4-5k Rpm its minimal I would say a 2-4, above 5 Rpm its gets louder and under Lift 6-7 but never too loud. To tell you the truth I with it was louder, on the highway its a 2-3 quiet enough for my wife to sleep in the car or so that I can have a conversation not a problem. The Exhaust is louder outside the car. Yes it was in-stored at CES according to JC (Previous owner) it was.

I just moved to Townsville so a meet up could be a bit of a problem.

But if you wanted I could post a Vid if that helps?

Varex did it for me :) almost stock sounding with closed, pretty loud when open. Winwin!

Hope it all gets sorted when CES install it.. sounds like he's willing to do work to make sure you're happy with it.

Man I wish I read this before I bought mine (~2 months ago now). I agree completely - I thought it was just me being old.

Anyway my solution - I ditched their muffler (end one) and replaced it with a bigger unit from HITECH - they do subaru aftermarket systems.

It now sounds amazing, but with all the cost involved i would recommend someone chasing this route to get a custom made one by a reputable exhaust shop in their area.

When driving under 4-5k Rpm its minimal I would say a 2-4, above 5 Rpm its gets louder and under Lift 6-7 but never too loud. To tell you the truth I with it was louder, on the highway its a 2-3 quiet enough for my wife to sleep in the car or so that I can have a conversation not a problem. The Exhaust is louder outside the car. Yes it was in-stored at CES according to JC (Previous owner) it was.

I just moved to Townsville so a meet up could be a bit of a problem.

But if you wanted I could post a Vid if that helps?

If you could post a vid that would be awesome, but don't worry if it's too much trouble/ time/ effort :)

There's no way to be able to sleep in the car during highway driving, I found that I had to drive in 5th or 4th on the highway for some sort of backoff on the drone.. in 6th it was just droning like a cow. I'm glad it worked out for you though. I think installing in store is the key. They must do some special magic lol.

Man I wish I read this before I bought mine (~2 months ago now). I agree completely - I thought it was just me being old.

Anyway my solution - I ditched their muffler (end one) and replaced it with a bigger unit from HITECH - they do subaru aftermarket systems.

It now sounds amazing, but with all the cost involved i would recommend someone chasing this route to get a custom made one by a reputable exhaust shop in their area.

Haha, we are not alone! It's more heart breaking because it is such an expensive system too. After spending so much on it, it's kinda put me off from spending anymore money on it for now. Will have to wait a while...

When you say sounds amazing? Do you mean all the noise is going out the back of the car and not in? Cos that's ideal. :)

Yeh i was quite devastated cos the main thing was I did not want drone. And yes it does total up to be quite expensive. For me i'm slightly luckier cos I have a mate who is a metal worker so labour was not too expensive.

Maybe i exaggerated when i said 'amazing'. Its definitely a lot quieter after i 'modified' it, and yes the noise does go out the back of the car. Also, not so much drone and it actually isn't very much louder than stock when purely idling or holding speed (little to no throttle) - eg highway cruising. It is however, noisier when you put your foot down, and that's what I was chasing.

But all in all, an expensive lesson. I know how highly reputable their systems are on this forum (which is what lead me to purchase one) but i PERSONALLY would not have done it had i listened to it on a car prior to purchase.

Hey guys

i own a zre sedan with injen cai. i have been finding for exhaust for a custom made. still not sure what brand of muffle to put in for the cat back.

if anyone can suggest few options and where to go will be great.

Cheers

vig