Jaay's AE112 Corolla

jaay

Yeah it is a rip off. I cancelled the booking just before i went lol. Didnt feel right :S I have to go tomorrow and get it done somewhere else. Theres a tyre shop, cant remember what its called, they do it for like about 40-50 bucks from what i heard. So ill get it done there but i just need a rubber seal for the rear camber bar that connects to the coilover. Dont want to risk breaking or damaging it :S

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice is to use a string alignment for now, so that your tyres dont wear like crazy, till you are happy with the suspension ride and shock adjustments, make sure everything is tight, change that rubber seal(?) and after you drive on it for a few weeks then get a proper alignment once you are 100% happy with the height and everything.

Your proberly right. I want to adjust the rear height. I want to make it level. Im just concered about the seal if it will cause damage or not. Ill ring around tomorrow to see whos got them.

Your proberly right. I want to adjust the rear height. I want to make it level. Im just concered about the seal if it will cause damage or not. Ill ring around tomorrow to see whos got them.

Yeah mate get it all settled. Thats what I have been doing to mine since got the car on the road. It isnt getting an alignment till everything else is right, even took it to the track without an alignment! :P

Also here is one way to do a DIY alignment.

http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=45530586&postcount=13

What is this seal you speak of? My 82 doesnt have it...

Yeah mate get it all settled. Thats what I have been doing to mine since got the car on the road. It isnt getting an alignment till everything else is right, even took it to the track without an alignment! tongue.png

Also here is one way to do a DIY alignment.

http://honda-tech.co...86&postcount=13

What is this seal you speak of? My 82 doesnt have it...

i took a photo of the seal that im talking about smile.png

thats the best i could do before work tongue.png haha

if you no what the seal is, do you no any places where i can get it from?

Thats a funky setup... Mines a bit different.

Have you tried to grab one off of a car at the wreckers?

Edited by 4ABHGE

Hmm yeah i think i might have to man. I will try to go tomorrow and get one! Shouldnt be too much anyways!

Thanks for your help anyways!

That's the swaybar drop-link, nothing to do with camber (I assume the seal you are referring to is for the ball-joint on the link). Easy to get a new pair (always get a pair, because chances are the other side will be pretty bad too) or a second-hand set from the wreckers (they'll only be like $20), just be careful taking them off as you need a ring spanner and an Allen key (key to hold the ball joint shaft in place, ring spanner to undo the nut), and the Allen key hex is very easy to strip/round.

Yeah i figured after it split that i needed an allen key :S im like why is it still spinning? im so duumbb!! Haha

Where do you know you can get a new pair from?

You can usually find them on eBay, Toyota can probably get you a set too but expect to pay more. Wreckers is still probably your best bet though.

Ohh, and if you still want a strut brace, I'm currently bidding on a 3-point 3-bar TRD one on YahooJP, so if I win that you can have my Levin one.

Ohh, and if you still want a strut brace, I'm currently bidding on a 3-point 3-bar TRD one on YahooJP, so if I win that you can have my Levin one.

Let me no if you win mate. I am interested!! :)

Good luck!!

Hiro, you should just buy my trd one, it's mint condition will work out cheaper than JP

:P at the moment it is still cheaper to get it from overseas (including shipping to my door it's about $170 at current bid) :D If it falls through then I'd definitely consider it

Since this is now a sell stuff to jaay thread, I have an AE101 levin brace which should fit your car. You will only need to pay what i paid for it. $10 + post!

I should mention that it needs paint.

Edited by 4ABHGE

• 2 weeks later...

After giving the car a good wash, and starring at the eyelids i have, i decided to paint them and put them on the car.

before:

after:

let me no what you guys think..

I also feel like the car is still to high... tongue.png

Looks good man.

Thanks bro!

lol, lower it more! it's only on about half atm

Lol not even half man haha i was looking at it and im like far man theres still heaps to go. When u adjust the height, is it the bottom ring and then twist the whole mounting point to where you want it?

Oh wait i think you told me before. My bad! Sorry bro.

Its still on your setttings lol Im so use to it now, just bounces like crazy!