My new GTS 86 Thunder Silver

AUR15

• Hey guys picked up the beast yesterday and omg im in heaven, everything about just screams awesome
    biggrin.png
    . Cruising at 110 Km/H and it sits at about 2900 RPM in Sixth gear and even then you put the foot down and it instanly screams through the exhaust! The steering is the best ive ever encountered, any movement made by the steering wheel made the wheels move. Very easy to drive around at low speeds in first unlike many previous cars ive owned where they like to hoop tiny bits when travelling under 10Km/H.

If you dont already know cos Ive seen the question a hundred times lol, yes the DRL's are on all the time except when the Lights and driving Lights are on I think.
    cool.png
    And on the first night I own it, get pulled over by the cops and they give me a RBT but the copper knew all about the 86 and was asking me heaps of questions haha and he even asked to look around and under the hood haha, told me I should be proud being the first 86 hes pulled over haha

Only able to take one photo because its raining heavy and I was super tired from the 7 hours of driving that day so Ill get heaps on the weekend.

Enjoy

FAS786

539360_10150905282588479_770064188_n.jpg

plate fail. :P

congrats on the car! needs more pics. :)

oh and for a 6spd box to sit at 2900rpm @ 110km/h.... really!? thats so high! :o

our stoopit stivo box sits at 3200RPM on 100 km/hr...

nice car btw :D

3500RPM's at 100 kays..... FFFFfffuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! Then im not too mad, it still returns 6.3L/100KM with highway driving ;)

In other news, awesome car man! :D

Definitely too high 2900rp,. I'd be not pleased. Camry does the 110-120km/hr @ 2100rpm

I think you fail to factor in the engine size and/or power curve of the engine. Just because your Camry sits at a lower rev at a given speed, it doesn't mean the 86 is "definitely too high".

Auto transmission sits on 2000rpm even at 100km/h - 2 overdrive gears, while the manual only has one.

Hence the auto gets better fuel economy, whilst the manual is faster 0-100.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting a spoiler first, not a large one, but a small aggressive one like the BRZ one, so I will wait for a aftermarket one I like.

Then Wheels and then Engine Mods afterwards :D

Use import bible's website to view in English...thats what I do when I'm searching for Cappuccino parts :) Best searching using the chassis code so ZN6.

Edited by Cappuccino

• 3 months later...

I used to own an SX 1.6L and it sat around 2600rpm going at 110km/hr

id like to know what ratios you were running.

at 110 in my sx seca its about 3700 approx. Or smack on 4000rpm right on 120.

Beside. whats the problem. Just means when you put the happy pedal down even in 6th gear it pulls away. Id prefer that than no response at all.

The new 86 doesnt look like the type of car you would buy for family duties and lots of 6th gear long distance driving anyway haha.

Edited by justin_es