Hi, Can anyone suggest a good after market ECU i could get to put in a ST215 Caldina.. I would be looking at spending around $700, no more that 1k..

Ta..

I have upgraded the exhaust turbo back and will be looking into turbo and exhaust manifold upgrade aswell as stonger rods for now. Seems to be running a little rich..could be o2 sensor? How hard would these be to source?? Would running rich be due to the extra flow from the new exhaust??.. Thanks for replying Mick.. as you can tell im not too cluey when it comes to mechanics ect...

Edited by Mikey.D

You might be able to get a piggy back for the 3SGTE. I doubt you can get a decent standalone ECU for less than 1k... may I add that you have to spend more on getting the tune as well!

Change your plugs and leads, give your throttle body a clean and change your O2 sensor to a bosch item and you should have an improvement.

How much boost are you planning to run? Stock rods should be good for 20psi at the least (and is more than enough for a daily) so i wouldnt touch it until you know the mechanical side of things and the work required... (or until s**t snaps) it isnt a cheap job to do by any means if you are paying for labour...

Your stock turbo should only be good for 16ish psi and the car is a JDM vehicle

Being a JDM car with a JDM ECU, cars from Japan generally have a tune that is rich on Australian fuel from factory.

Also check out Ozcelica, AFAIK the GT4 has the same running gear and motor as the Caldina. Good luck mate!

Edited by 4ABHGE

Caldina doesn't run leads, it's coil on plug. I would also not run 20psi on an ST215 bottom end if you plan on keeping the rods in the block.

Order a new oxygen sensor from Amayama.com, if the fuel consumption doesn't go down then that's what it uses. It is a heavy AWD car with a 2L engine afterall, of course it will be thirsty.

You'll be spending at least $1K for any piggyback installed and tuned. You do not need a proper aftermarket ECU, which would be closer to 3-4K installed and tuned.

Caldina doesn't run leads, it's coil on plug. I would also not run 20psi on an ST215 bottom end if you plan on keeping the rods in the block.

Order a new oxygen sensor from Amayama.com, if the fuel consumption doesn't go down then that's what it uses. It is a heavy AWD car with a 2L engine afterall, of course it will be thirsty.

You'll be spending at least $1K for any piggyback installed and tuned. You do not need a proper aftermarket ECU, which would be closer to 3-4K installed and tuned.

Yeah you are right.. I was just going off the celicas i have seen

Maybe i should just look at getting a piggyback and the o2 sensor done for now...i have already cleaned the throttle body out and blew a huge plume of black smoke out of it..Other than the exhaust car is stock at the moment except for the optional factory hard pipe ... car pulls 14.5-15psi without a boost controller which is nice. Any other help i can get would be appreciated as the internet offers little in the way of support/mods for this vehicle.

Another quick question..Am looking at getting 17''rims can anyone confirm that its 5x100 stud pattern and would it be +40 positive offset? Or what offset i should be looking at.

Also anyone know anyone with a caldina i could connect with in the Brisbane area..

Thanks

I have upgraded the exhaust turbo back and will be looking into turbo and exhaust manifold upgrade aswell as stonger rods for now. Seems to be running a little rich..could be o2 sensor? How hard would these be to source?? Would running rich be due to the extra flow from the new exhaust??.. Thanks for replying Mick.. as you can tell im not too cluey when it comes to mechanics ect...

How do you know it's running rich? Do you have an aftermarket wideband sensor on it? Or strapped it to a dyno to get the AFRs?

How do you know it's running rich? Do you have an aftermarket wideband sensor on it? Or strapped it to a dyno to get the AFRs?

Hey Dave no i don't have a wideband nor have i had it on a dyno.. I'am just speculating.. The fuel gauges in these cars seem to be a little inaccurate I filled up with fuel last night as fuel light had just come on not far from my local servo and it only took 40ltrs to fill the 60ltr tank.. so its probs not as bad on fuel as i first thought as fuel light must come on quite early on the caldina...