Parking light issue

Recently, I've noticed the left park light on my Presara has been playing up and I wonder if anyone else in this forum has had the same issue. The light does not turn on straight away however it does turn on after I bump the headlight unit. It only takes the slightest of bump/tap and the light swicthes on and stays on. I can then switch it on and off with no problem however if I leave it off for a few minutes the same issue happens again.

I've checked the bulb and connection and they both seem fine, the bulb is obviously not blown as it still works and the connections seem solid. I can't imagine my tap/bump is knocking something into place as it is the same pressure as a light flick of a finger.

My questions are:

- Has anyone else had the same issue and solution?

- Would replacing the bulb fix the issue, considering the existing bulb has not blown yet?

Thanks guys.

I would just change the globe, the filiment probably has a slight weak spot in it, If its is a T10 globe, this is very common. Seen it plenty of times with them.

Thanks guys, this forum is invaluable.

I've order these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T10-SMD-5050-super-white-LED-bulb-globe-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-parkers-/150848801982?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231f4a0cbe

The white LED seem a bit more modern than the current yellow/orange colour. I will do another post once installed.

Check the bulb connector, use pliers to close up the connector contacts.

As for the globe, pull the wire connection out for better contact.

Just to let you know the T10 LED are ILLEGAL for parker lights in some states.

I live in WA and there's nothing on the Dept. of Transport website to indicate whether they are legal or not. I will try to call to check during the week but I don't see any difference with having white park lights and cars with daytime running lights

Edited by Kombi17

Just to let you know the T10 LED are ILLEGAL for parker lights in some states.

I live in WA and there's nothing on the Dept. of Transport website to indicate whether they are legal or not. I will try to call to check during the week but I don't see any difference with having white park lights and cars with daytime running lights

In WA its illegal to have Red or Blue LED Colours on your vehicle unless its an emergency vehicle.

Some T10 SMD LED's may not fit inside the Parker light housing so just be warned, but for the sake of it before you put them in can you take a photo of the globe for comparison reasons as i all ready have some but they aren't that bright ( like you see on the Ebay Page.)

If changing the Parker lights i also recomend the Curtosy lights that are in the doors ( same T10 Globe ) and also the Center cabin light if you a light nut like myself you will love the brighter lighting from a SMD LED Panel.

Something similar to this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bright-48-LED-SMD-1206-Interior-Room-Dome-Door-Auto-Car-Light-Lamp-Bulb-White-/140745582057?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c51725e9