Some advice required - a deal gone bad

Nish

Guys ... some advice required from the guys in AUS for me down in South Africa.

I purchased something from an aftermarket dealer in Aus.

Payed for the goods into their bank account.

My friend was in AUS at the time, so I had this dealer mail the item to where he was going to be. The goods never arrived. I am in contact with the other people at this address ... and they confirmed that the goods never arrived.

This dealer has proof that he sent the parcel away, but the post office cannot confirm delivery.

This has been going on for almost 6 months now.

While I agree that the post office may be at fault. Should the dealer not take some responsibility for not insuring the parcel ??

Your thoughts guys / girls ... do I write the money off as a deal gone bad <_< or do I bug the crap out of this dealer till he produces a refund :lol:

it is goin to be hard !!!!!i purchased off e-bay the parcel was sent.....not delivered,the post office had no idea where it is or was....it was not insured.....and i even put in a investigation into the lost item with no luck it has been 4months and still nothing!!!!

The best that aus post can do is compensate you for a maxium of "$50" frikken tight ****s!!!!but here's the worst part it is not paid to you it is paid to the person who sent the parcel then you have to chase them for a measly $50 the item i purchased was worth $250!!!!!(i have lost faith in E-BAY)!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: :( :( :(

I'm from South Africa as well, and mate, your parcel probably got lost in the South African post office. The way they handle the parcels there is just beyond bad... things get lost very often, and then it's impossible to trace when it does.

The parcel sent from Australia can probably be traced up to the point before it leaves Australia, but after that, it will be hard.

The best that aus post can do is compensate you for a maxium of "$50" frikken tight ****s!!!!but here's the worst part it is not paid to you it is paid to the person who sent the parcel then you have to chase them for a measly $50 the item i purchased was worth $250!!!!!(i have lost faith in E-BAY)!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :(  :(  :(

I must say that at least I have had good experiences with E-Bay ... touch wood B)

I am actually at that point where I will prob just write the money off, but I mean ... it wasnt a whole lot of bucks, but it just makes you wary of these internet purchases.

I'm from South Africa as well, and mate, your parcel probably got lost in the South African post office. The way they handle the parcels there is just beyond bad... things get lost very often, and then it's impossible to trace when it does.

I had it sent to an addie in AUS ... one of my companies customers. Parcel never arrived there.

The parcel sent from Australia can probably be traced up to the point before it leaves Australia, but after that, it will be hard.

The post office reckons theres no way of tracking it as it was sent as normal post :angry:

You can file a customer complaint to the Australian Post Office and they try find it for you. Request the shop to give you a Post Office receipt, and put that together with the complaint. If the seller can't even give you a Post Office receipt, then you can fight with them.

You can file a customer complaint to the Australian Post Office and they try find it for you. Request the shop to give you a Post Office receipt, and put that together with the complaint. If the seller can't even give you a Post Office receipt, then you can fight with them.

Thanks guy :D

The dealer already did all the form filling out, etc. He said he was also willing to mail me a receipt for the mail. I will send him one last e-mail to see what he says. I am at that point now where I am almost ready to write the money off anyways.

Thanks for the help guyz.

Nish

At least he is trying to help and not just ignore you totally.

True. Thing is he's not replied to my last 3 e-mails. Nevertheless ... money flushed :(

Sorry to hear that :( i've been lucky enough to not experience something like this. figures are like 0.001% of a situation like this happening.