samsung s3 and kluger bluetooth

JETURBO

hey got a samsung s3 the new jobbie and picked up the 2010 kluger yesti for the life of me the bluetooth wont work on the factory head unit got to the point where it would recieve a call and i can hear the person but they cant hear me

do u have to set up the car microphone or something first? anywhoo any help would be great

When your using the bluetooth to call someone next time, try and press track ^ button while in conversation to increase mic volume

Normally it should display "mic volume +1" or something when its changed, but if it doesnt then take it in to toyota and get the headunit updated. The new update should let you adjust mic volume

• 1 month later...

Good luck with that. I have a 2009 Kluger KX/R and I bought the 6 disc radio with bluetooth so I could use my phone. My phone at the time worked fine, a HTC Desire and later a HTC Sensation. I just got the Samsung S3 about 2 months ago and have exactly the problem you are describing. The problem is the head unit in the car which has BT version 2 but the phone has BT version 4. Apparantly no phone with version 4 will work with our radios and Toyota are pushing the blame onto the radio manufacturer and telling me I have to wait for software update (but no one can tell me when this will come) I rang my dealer a week ago to complain about it and to see if there was a fix available yet - I had discussed the problem once before - but the guy in the service dept got p****d off with me for not beng happy with his answer which was basically that there was nothing he could do. My advice is to test your phone in the car before you buy or don't buy a Toyota or Nissan as most other makers aren't having the same problem. My concern is that at the moment Toyota is saying 'too bad, buy a new radio'. The current radios apparently work fine, but when phones come out with BT version 5 or 6, will they still work or will Toyota just do nothing like they are doing now?

• 5 weeks later...

I just got the new firmware upgrade for the phone and the bluetooth problem has been fixed. After all the drama, was the problem with Samsung or Fujitsu? I know the HTC One had the same problem. Don't know if they have a fix. The thing the 2 phones have in commom is BT version 4.