G'day!

Hey guys,

Just stumbled across this forum and thought I'd say g'day. I dont actually own a Toyota at the moment, but in a previous life I've had a first gen TA22 Celica (with the fuel cap behind the number plate), an RA28, an 83 Corona, and an 84 Crown. All were awesome cars in their own way and I regret selling em. I also almost had a 1980 Corolla XX 5 speed coupe for peanuts, but for some stupid reason I didn't buy it.

At the moment I'm lookin to get back into the old Toyota game by picking up an RT40 to pootle about in - I just love those things. The damnable things are rare as hens teeth in this neck of the woods, but if anyone knows of any on the market, definitely let me know.

Cheers!

Thanks mate, I hope to get my grubby mitts on one soon. My brother also has an old hj47 troopy that he rattles round in - it kicks *****, but he lives in bumfeck nowhere

• 5 months later...

Hey, we may be looking to sell our RT40...it's amazing and we would be extremely sad to part with it, just feel it needs a better life! Let me know if you're still interested :)

Hey Stacy,

Sounds interesting. Where is the ol girl located?

Edited by Dudefella

We're in Melbourne. There's a bit of info up on gumtree if you want to check it out. Currently selling without a RWC as she needs a new petrol tank (we're still driving her though - and she drives well). We've found a RWC mechanic who will replace it for $80, just need to find the replacement now and I'm not sure whether we specifically need an RT40 part or not.