Power FC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even if the purchase was made from japan and the PFC was ordered by Apexera, it doesn't mean that its them that makes it.

Apexera never made the powerFC...

it was Apexi all the way...

they might be the "same company"

but now... "Peoplesoft" isn't "Oracle" now are they?! I don't think so!!

same deal... (excuse my nerdy example... :D)

LOL .... boys i think the hot weather in aus is getting to a few people :P :P :P :P :P

Justin u just live way 2 west and its to hot out there and corey u just live way 2 north and its 2 hot up there also :P :P :P :P :P

Ok to clarify a few things .... the product that northy and i bought are both from the same supplier....

2ndly the product itself is know as the "APEXI POWER FC" it is however now being pushed a bit stronger than before as being a product of its parent company i.e. "APEXERA".

The only reason we have been mention APEXERA rather than APEXI is because if u have bought/paid for an APEXI with no branding or labelling by APEXERA then APEXERA does not warrent these items but they will be sent 2 a 3rd party independant company for warrenty purposes ..... Also the reason we have been stating APEXERA is because on ebay they have these and from all those sales they are the older units so if anyone complains about the prices we tell them we can simply point out this subtle difference ......

As pippy indicated if u buy peoplesoft in ur face there will be nothing that says oracle but gurantted there will be something there that might say oracle hidden in the fine print .... Thats the same as this ....

Hopefully that clarifies a few things ....

If not then ur a bunch of consfused people and i hope i confused u even more :P :P :P :P :P

cheers

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

haha i thinkit just the weather LOL

up and down constantly hear in syd lol

whats the lastest on the PFC???Were all issues worked out???

I want to take on this Mod in the very near future.....

lookin to be the first 2ZZ runnin PFC in Jamaica...... :spiteful:

Edited by KeVSaL

there is only 1 issue that u wont be able to solve without doing something. That is the temp gauge stopping from working.

All the other issues need u 2 fiddle with the wiring so someone who knows the 2zz ecu is going to be handy and altering some of the setting fixes a few others.

For the temp gauge u got 2 options ..... by an external gauge or get some electronics guru to build a transmittor/reciever box to get the stock one working as the signal being sent to it is analog and it wants a digital signal or the other way around i cant remember.

if u just pop it in u will experience hunting issues so the car just starts fluctating its revs @ idle upto 2500 rpms up n down up n down ..... the power steering idle will be off so as soon as u turn the steering wheel the car will probably stall .... a/c cauzing the car to hunt as well and again the temp gauge.

there is only 1 issue that u wont be able to solve without doing something. That is the temp gauge stopping from working.

All the other issues need u 2 fiddle with the wiring so someone who knows the 2zz ecu is going to be handy and altering some of the setting fixes a few others.

For the temp gauge u got 2 options ..... by an external gauge or get some electronics guru to build a transmittor/reciever box to get the stock one working as the signal being sent to it is analog and it wants a digital signal or the other way around i cant remember.

if u just pop it in u will experience hunting issues so the car just starts fluctating its revs @ idle upto 2500 rpms up n down up n down ..... the power steering idle will be off so as soon as u turn the steering wheel the car will probably stall .... a/c cauzing the car to hunt as well and again the temp gauge.

hmmmm....seems like i have my work cut out for me. :unsure:

thanx for the heads up though.... :rolleyes:

Hey Northy,

How did u solve ur temp. gauge problem ???

Edited by KeVSaL

Hey Northy,

We've both solved the temp problem by installing gauges .....

here is my install

17102006.jpg

Northy opted to stick a bunch of gauges on the dash pointing towards the driver.

Hey Northy,

We've both solved the temp problem by installing gauges .....

here is my install

17102006.jpg

Northy opted to stick a bunch of gauges on the dash pointing towards the driver.

Why go through all that trouble when u can do what I am doing. Simple get an extender harness and repin the corresponding pins. Its that simple...

Why go through all that trouble when u can do what I am doing. Simple get an extender harness and repin the corresponding pins. Its that simple...

because the problem is the 2zz celica ecu vs the 2zz corolla ecu are expecting different signals so no matter what you pin where it aint gonna work as stated by Jason.

because the problem is the 2zz celica ecu vs the 2zz corolla ecu are expecting different signals so no matter what you pin where it aint gonna work as stated by Jason.

This is my third edit to this reply =). Different signals? if the celica ecu is looking for control of X on pin Y and it isnt there, obviously it aint gine work. Hence the repin. =

But this isnt to cause an arguement, Just to offer my perspective. The proof is in the pudding. You'll have that soon enough...

Edited by highlift

This is my third edit to this reply =). Different signals? if the celica ecu is looking for control of X on pin Y and it isnt there, obviously it aint gine work. Hence the repin. =

But this isnt to cause an arguement, Just to offer my perspective. The proof is in the pudding. You'll have that soon enough...

thats cool ..... let us know how you go ..... but just as an fyi it isnt so much that the ecu's are expecting a signal on a particular pin and it aint there on the corolla .... what it is .... is its like an analouge signal for the celica and a digital one for the corolla so even if you re-pin the ecu the temp gauge wont understand the signal. So you would need to decode the signal .... build a ADC (analogue to digital converter) and then pray that its as simple as that as im using the analogue vs digital as an analogy im not 100% sure if thats it or if its even the code that toyota is using for the 2 to communicate is different

but if you get it working well done. I opted not to go through the r&d of doing it that way since i needed the other gauges anyway

Why go through all the hassle?

one of these will fix everything.

Click!

I'll post this in another thread for more visibility

Because it only has 2 doors, cloth trim, 80's styling, and it looks like a shoebox.

BUT...

It's a super fast shoebox nevertheless!!! Awesome sleeper B)

im using the analogue vs digital as an analogy im not 100% sure if thats it or if its even the code that toyota is using for the 2 to communicate is different

Hi NIKICH,

As you can see from my statement above (which was in my last post) im using the analog vs digital idea as an analogy for highlift to understand that from the investigation we did it wasnt as simple as doing a re-pin and walla it works (otherwise we would have done that) ..... its a fair bit more involved and what would need to be done is for an interceptor 2 be built read the 2zz celica signal convert it to a 2zz corolla signal and then send that to the guage.

The thoughts from all involved was this was total over kill and since i needed guages anyway we would solve it the other way.

To give u some food for thought u could also run the power FC plugged in and wire up the stock ECU just to run the temp guage but i dont know if the stock ecu will let you do that as u might need to fool it into thinking its in control as it will probably throw error codes etc and so that might not even work and prove harder than building ur interceptor/transmittor.

Again simply solved by a simple external guage ...... but good luck to anyone wanting to try and get the stock guage to work .....

cheers

Bill

XOOM

What i meant by how accurate is, you have the analogue dial and with this plugged in does this give a true reading or is there some discrepancy. I know a little is ok but you wouldnt want their to be a large difference. How did you test this?

the electrical analogue guages are usually quite accurate. A lot more accurate than the vague stock temp guage.

My greddy electrical temp guage was spot on with the reading from the powerfc hand controller which was getting it's temp from the engine coolant temp sender for the ECU.

quick question, is the temp signal sent from a particular sensor on the engine??

Mate in all honesty im not 100% sure where the stock sendor has been placed .... Jason ?

XOOM

What i meant by how accurate is, you have the analogue dial and with this plugged in does this give a true reading or is there some discrepancy. I know a little is ok but you wouldnt want their to be a large difference. How did you test this?

Basically i have placed my Defi sendor in the upper radiator hose .... the thick main hose connecting to the radiator. If its not right then we r in big trouble ;) ;) ..... but basically i still get the reading on the power FC and i obviously have reading from the gauges and usually they are within 1-2 degree's of each other and this can simply be accounted for by the different positionings of the sendors ......

the plot thickens ;) ;) ;) ;)

http://www.hydraems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=352

http://www.hydraems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=385

and these fella's are going down the other path i mentioned above

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50690

Amazing what a little bit of research turns up ........

just thinking, I know you may have tryed this already but would replacing with a celica unit such as this http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performa...mp;partid=14895 solve the problem?

EDIT: I just realised that those were all for Autometer guages, not OEM repacements... but still, could you get one from Toyota maybe that would do the job?