Power FC

Seriously contemplating this mod, but i need some direction with the workarounds required for encountered with the PFC install.

Northy, Help!!

what are you after exactly?

emanger you can get them 2nd hand fro around the $300 mark now, add few hundred for fitting/tune

After installing the PFC on a friend runx here, he discovered the fan would not cut in and the AC stopped working.

The fan issue we attributed to the known issue cause where the stock temp. gauge no longer works since it is not receiving the signal required. I am assuming this can be bypassed using an independant fan controller. But it still has to bypass the ECU. Does anyone know of any such device? i have searched and come up short.

The issue relating to the AC/ Climate control i have no idea how to resolve.

any help would be appreciated guys

Edited by JiggaMan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously contemplating this mod, but i need some direction with the workarounds required for encountered with the PFC install.

Northy, Help!!

emanger you can get them 2nd hand fro around the $300 mark now, add few hundred for fitting/tune

After installing the PFC on a friend runx here, he discovered the fan would not cut in and the AC stopped working.

The fan issue we attributed to the known issue cause where the stock temp. gauge no longer works since it is not receiving the signal required. I am assuming this can be bypassed using an independant fan controller. But it still has to bypass the ECU. Does anyone know of any such device? i have searched and come up short.

yep two of the known issues ..... also how did he go with turning the steering wheel ???? did the power steering rev balance cause the car to stall ? we found that with the pfc on the corolla the instance the power steering was called on the revs would drop to the point where the car stalled ..... well from what i knw mate there is only 1 mechanic in aus thats managed to iron out all the issues bar the temp gauge from working and unfortunetly its his intelectual property so plastering it to tell the world is something he aint exactly going to do considering all the hours he spent sorting each issue out one by one ......

• 3 months later...

Northy, Help!!

yep two of the known issues ..... also how did he go with turning the steering wheel ???? did the power steering rev balance cause the car to stall ? we found that with the pfc on the corolla the instance the power steering was called on the revs would drop to the point where the car stalled ..... well from what i knw mate there is only 1 mechanic in aus thats managed to iron out all the issues bar the temp gauge from working and unfortunetly its his intelectual property so plastering it to tell the world is something he aint exactly going to do considering all the hours he spent sorting each issue out one by one ......

STILL having issues. Need to find out how to get the fan to cut in order to maintain the optimal engine op. temp.

also the issue related to P/s idle hunt.

Help needed please.

I am willing to pay for knowledge it is that serious.

• 2 weeks later...

as I said in the other thread, haven't done the word doc yet, but for your fan...

For the fan to be controlled by the ECU, you need to move the main relay fan trigger wire from the 31 pin ecu plug pin number 22 (should be light green with black stripe) to pin position #4 in the 28 pin ECU plug which should currently be empty.

For your idle hunt, you need to get the AC and ELS input triggers on the ECU functioning properly first. Once you confirm they are working from the sensor check screen on the hand controller (AC, PRE and ELS for AC clutch, AC pressure switch and Electrical load idle up for lights), then you have to re-initialize the PFC from the hand controller or datalogit. When you do this, you will lose all your settings, so either write down the correction map changes (if your basemap hasn't been recalc'd with a datalogit or PFC pro interface) and base settings or save the maps and settings with the datalogit.

After the initialize, the car goes into idle learn mode. Before you start the engine, load the saved previous map and settings via the datalogit, or enter all the settings and corrections via the hand controller.

Then start the engine, let it idle until it reaches 70deg, then let it idle for a further 5 minutes (I let it idle for 10), then switch the AC on full blast and let it idle for a further 5-10mins, after that's done switch the headlights on too and let it idle again for another 5-10mins. You might have to give the idle a slight stab occasionally to help it work through the idle hunt learning stage as the idle speed is reduced, but after all the learning is done, switch the car off, start it again and go for a drive.

I also tweak the idle fuel cut settings a little depending on the mods and if the car's turbocharged/supercharged etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Its been awhile since this post started and up till now no one can figure out how to solve these issue or maybe someone has and ain't sharing

If anyone out there has figured out (The fan issue,The issue relating to the AC,The issue relating to the stock temp gauge also the issue related to power steering idle hunt) and any other unmentioned issues if possible would u share this info with me wouldn't mind paying a fee just to have my car working properly.

wire diagrams,pin outs what ever please help a fellow 2zz owner

A search on the forums will help you find the pinouts and wiring diagrams. After thats its just comparing the runx/sportivo pinout against the celica pinout (pre-03) and re-pin them accordingly. Everything is pretty much solved except the temp gauge, which IMO isn't worth the trouble (just go aftermarket).

• 2 weeks later...
A search on the forums will help you find the pinouts and wiring diagrams. After thats its just comparing the runx/sportivo pinout against the celica pinout (pre-03) and re-pin them accordingly. Everything is pretty much solved except the temp gauge, which IMO isn't worth the trouble (just go aftermarket).

nuttin still cchhhaaaa :help: