Climate control on GTS vs GT

.gorgz

Hi Guys,

For those of you that have seen the car, you would have probably noticed the difference in the climate control panel between the GT model verses the GTS.

The GTS comes with the automatic climate control console, as for the GT comes with your standard dial controlled much like what you find in most affordable cars.

My question is (and I'm not sure if anyone would probably be able to answer it just yet), is if you had the climate control console from a GT, would it be as simple as plug and play onto a GT model?

Or, would you think that there would be some alterations regarding the wiring harness on it etc?

Reason being is that I've seen some Climate Control Consoles from the GTS for sale online...

and for those of you that realized that the differences between the manual GT and the manual GTS are only cosmetic, I'm sure that some GT owners may be interesting in upgrading this in the future.

Edited by .gorgz

I'm pretty sure the wiring would be different.

I wanted to do the same thing for my corolla ascent, i wanted the levin ZR climate control. But the ascent only had one wiring plug, whereas the ZR had two.

Yeh, true..

Thing it would be as well.. The GTS center console also comes with the push button start as well..

Curious to find out exactly how much work it would be tho :-/

The entire air conditioner unit behind the dash is different. The GTS has dual zone (driver and passenger can select different temps) and extra sensors & controllers to suit. Best to buy the car with the features you want to begin with (even if that means BRZ).