New Toyota Single Disc Sat Nav

jps137

Does anyone have ant experience with the new single disc SatNav https://www.toyota.com.au/owners/accessories/audio-navigation

After realising my mistakes with a previous headunit purchase I decided to do some research before buying the next one

Does the unit pause CD playback or just mute it when receiving calls?

Is the passenger able to operate the Sat Nav whilst the vehicle is moving or does movement reduce some of the available functions?

Does the unit display folder names when playing MP3?

How smoothly does it fit into the dash (I am looking at it going into a ZRE hatch)?

Can you move around the map on the screen?

How well does the Bluetooth work (Blackberry and Nokia, not just i-Phone)?

I was hoping I could get some opinion from the forum rather than having to go down to a dealers and test a vehicle with ont in it

Hi Jason,

I have the model below this one without the Sat Nav installed in my 08 ZRE Hatch so hopefully I can answer some of your questions for you. Although they are different units given the main difference is the Sat Nav, I assume they function the same way.

1) Not sure if it pauses CD playback on receiving calls, but I know it does when an iPod or USB is connected. I can test this out for you if you like.

2) From what I've read most of the operations of the Sat Nav are locked out even to the passenger (only if you have the speed sensor attached).

3) Not sure about folder names when playing MP3s. I need to get back to you

4) Installation is pretty much plug and play. You may need to get a harness for the aerial cable and steering wheel controls if you have them. They changed the aerial plug on the newer units to a square plug type which I assume is to accommodate the new Digital Radio functions.

5) From what I've read you can move around on the map (you'll need to verify this yourself thou)

6) For the most part Bluetooth has been solid. I currently use a Galaxy S3 and it works flawlessly (even the Text to Speech function for messages you receive works). Previous to that I had an iPhone and that worked with no issue either. For unit to sync up with your messages the phone must support the Bluetooth MAP Profile.

Thanks for the info Chad

1 &3) If you could test these it would be appreciated. I have the Follow Me II in my ZRE and the full 7" 4stacker in the Tarago. The Follow Me II mutes the CD (but pauses USB) whereas the 7" and my old factory 6 stacker pause. 7" displays folders the FM2 only displays track info (for MP3 on CD)

2) 7" is very restricted when moving (including making calls) but FM2 has full function

4) I was actually interested in the fit, FM2 is allegedly factory fit but this is really only width and not depth, it sticks out quite a bit

Once agin thanks for the response