2012 Prius

MichaelP

Hi Toyot-ians,

very quick question which hopefully someone might have some links for further information for.

Friend has bought a 2012 Prius and wants to get an after-market navigation unti installed, now I understand this being

a very new car it might currently not be possible but is there a site or company Australia or overseas that would probably

be making a Fasica Kit/integration module for aftermarket Units to be installed ?

This is just a Prius not a C or V, just the standard Prius.

cheers

Michael

Thank you both VERY much for your links, really helpful!

Show them to my Prius friend who got very excited.. thanks again. I did search but actually didn't think about searching

ebay, anyone dealt with the Chinese place selling the complete kit ? Looks pretty awesome for the price

• 9 months later...

Thank you both VERY much for your links, really helpful!

Show them to my Prius friend who got very excited.. thanks again. I did search but actually didn't think about searching

ebay, anyone dealt with the Chinese place selling the complete kit ? Looks pretty awesome for the price

How did you go with this as I'm in the same boat? I've just bought a 2012 Prius ZVW30R and it has the 7" touch screen with a button marked SatNav.

But the salesman said that Toyota no longer had a SatNav accessory as Fujitsu stopped supplying it to them. So I have a pretty screen and

reversing camera, but don't know what to do to get SatNav working (or whether the GPS circuitry is in the unit or not). The salesman said that

all I needed was the CD with the maps on it, but I'm very suspicious of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Be wary of the Chinese units claiming that the steering controls will work unless you have found confirmation on a forum stating that they actually as we have installed some and found them not to be compatible. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Gavin Craske

www.currenttech.com.au

Be wary of the Chinese units claiming that the steering controls will work unless you have found confirmation on a forum stating that they actually as we have installed some and found them not to be compatible. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Gavin Craske

www.currenttech.com.au

Unfortunately I haven't found anyone who has put a 3rd party system in. Have you any recommendations of any systems that do work properly? Toyota said their unit would be about $2000-$3,000!!! One of the Chinese companies said if you paid US$25 more they'd guarantee it, and pay for return postage if it didn't work, which I thought was reasonable.

One of the Chinese companies said if you paid US$25 more they'd guarantee it, and pay for return postage if it didn't work, which I thought was reasonable.

I buy a bit of stuff from China, good luck getting anything under warrenty, even if you have paid the extra $25 for it. It's pretty much you get what your given and if you don't like it, they wont return your emails :)