Chrome Spray

jmorson

Hey everyone ive just bought a 1994 Hiace and i intend on lowering it, rims bed in the back dvd player etc. Im also looking at doing some chrome work, as the door handles and back air vents are plastic im thinking about buying chrome paint for them. Has anyone used it before and does it look tacky? thanks

Also if any of you guys have a hiace or pics of any in detail id be really interested, thanks

Edited by jmorson

unless u get the new technology of chrome "mirror finish" paints it wont give you the finish that u probably are after the only other way to get a real chrome finish on plastic is to get it "electro-plated" .......or use chrome vinyl!!!!good luck with the minitruck project they look hot done-up!!! :D

dudes ya need to read things better.

he said hiace not hilux.

its a van.

dude wicked idea ive wanted to do up somthing similar for a few years but just never could find the van(merc vito) cheap enough.

but considering getting a little combo van or somthing along those lines and attempting one of those first.

youd be better off picking an actual color to use instead of chrome paint doesnt look right.

however if its just for air vents maybe look at the paint pens posca there silver is pretty sweet. and as long as its not scratched the paint will last foreva.

Jmorson, where are you from???

There are actually heaps of parts for the Hiace from Japan, spoiler, full body kit, electro-plated chrome handles, chrome side mirror with indicator.........etc

But they are not popular in Oz.

Hey everyone ive just bought a 1994 Hiace and i intend on lowering it, rims bed in the back dvd player etc. Im also looking at doing some chrome work, as the door handles and back air vents are plastic im thinking about buying chrome paint for them. Has anyone used it before and does it look tacky? thanks

Also if any of you guys have a hiace or pics of any in detail id be really interested, thanks

First thing good luck doing your Hi-Ace up. I would have loved to have done what I did to mine in a van. Personaly I would not use chrome spray it never looks as good as the real thing.

I know it's not a van, but have a look at mine.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...&CODE=12&CID=65

Thanks heaps for that guys, il try the paint pens on something first then maybe on the handles and air vent. Ive wanted a van for a few years now and bought it last friday. Il keep you all updated. your truck sounds like a beast! Im from sydney cronulla where do they stock these chrome mirrors etc. im very interested. thanks

Thanks heaps for that guys, il try the paint pens on something first then maybe on the handles and air vent. Ive wanted a van for a few years now and bought it last friday. Il keep you all updated. your truck sounds like a beast! Im from sydney cronulla where do they stock these chrome mirrors etc. im very interested. thanks

Jmorson, I found those in this web site

www.kingsmart.com.hk

Go and have a look :)

I think the prices listed there were not really right, $USD 300 for the side mirror with indicator while the front spoiler for the Hiace is just $USD275, doesn't make sense to me, if you are interested you better enquire them by email B)

Edited by Cooley