05 Camry very hot inside!!

cocacola

I too have a slight problem with ambient air being a little warm after I've driven it, parked it, and take it out for another spin. I just switch on the air conditioning for about 30 seconds to rectify it.

As for some rattling in the roof headliner - I had the same problem. It was coming from the rear left of the roof, so I took it to Western Toyaota in Guildford yesterday, and they said that there were some loose wires in my roof. They tidied up all the wiring, reinforced it, and added some insulation to stop the noise from returning.

As for the sound from the sunroof, I also have this problem - only when the sunroof is open, but more so when it is in the "tilt" position. the noise emanates from the long piece of plastic at the back of the sunroof, and it stops rattling if you're willing to put one hand on it while you're driving  :blink:

Yeah, as you've already said, there's not all that much you can do about the sunroof rattle.

By the way, my car is a V6 Azura.

V6 Azura ......... :blink: lovely......

No - I'm not quite that lucky. Mine is a Gen 5, not a Gen 5.5    :mellow:

the Gen5 Azuras are still pretty nice though B)

i would have liked to get one, but we couldnt afford the extra $10k :rolleyes:, oh well :P

nice!! but i reckon they're abit Pricy for me....hahaha :P

(hahaha....funny thing happened just about 15mins ago. on the way back from the cinema, a V6 camry kicked my friends SAAB TURBO hahaha......BTW i WAS NOT DRIVING.) :P

There are so many accidents today!! The most serious one is a Hyundai kiss the back of a bus. It is a very deep kiss. :blink: I saw the air bag of hyundai and oil everywhere.

I think the Hyundai should be total lost. :o

Edited by cocacola

My Azura has GPS as standard.

I've added satellite tracking, integrated blue tooth, electrochromatic mirror, and an MP3 stacker.

But what I really want - which the 5.5s have, is steering wheel audio controls!!! :(

My Azura has GPS as standard.

I've added satellite tracking, integrated blue tooth, electrochromatic mirror, and an MP3 stacker.

But what I really want - which the 5.5s have, is steering wheel audio controls!!!    :(

WHAT THE?? :blink: electrochromatic mirror?? is that those mirror with the 24/7 road help service??

electri-chromatic means that is goes darker (tinted) when a current is passed throught it (or at least the coating that contains the dyes)

ie, at night, you turn the lights on and the mirror becomes darker so you don't get dazzled by the lights behind you (rather then flicking the switch to change the viewing angle from day to night settings).

it's just a marketting ploy, it doesn't do much more then the standard mirrors. Just uses big words...

My mirror doesn't automatically go dark at night.... it goes dark when:

a) it's dark outside (sensor out the front) AND

B) when there's a bright light source shining into the mirror from behind the car - i.e. highbeam (sensor in the mirror). It has 6 levels of darkness, depending on how bright the light source from behind is.

• 5 weeks later...
Do you guys camrys have the problem of getting hot inside(around the console, under the steering wheel)?

When i drive for about 30mins, after stopping the car and restart it again, hot air will flow inside( i think the hot air is from the engine and come inside via firewall).

What''s wrong? Is the engine too hot?

Do you guys camrys have the problem of getting hot inside(around the console, under the steering wheel)?

When i drive for about 30mins, after stopping the car and restart it again, hot air will flow inside( i think the hot air is from the engine and come inside via firewall).

What''s wrong? Is the engine too hot?

• 3 months later...

I have a 2004 Sportivo 4cyl as well, and I find that after I been driving for a while, and turn the car off..

When I start up and take off again and have the outside air comming through, its quite warm air comming in.

I can only assume it's from the bonnet heat matt, which keeps the engine bay quite warm... and consequently the air is warm near the intake...

Mine is a gen 3, and mine gets warm but that's all, my main complaint is it gets so hot inside the car when it's been parked for a bit, i don't mean all day in the sun, i mean 5 mins tops, no touching of steering wheel permitted. It's so hot it's getting pretty unbearable, i'm hoping tints will fix this issue

No Such luck dude...

I got the darkest tint with "Tint Professor" (NEVER EVER AGAIN! but thats another story! Just my personal experience with them!!)... And its still hot in the car.. like you said after 5 mins... mine's black, so it was to be expected..

:blink: