Wheel Repairs

KPaz

Hey guys,

Just today someone ran me off the road pretty much and my rear left rim touched the curb for a second, but was travelling at around 60km/h... so about 8cm gash along the side of the alloy rim. (little chunks have come off it! :S )

Anyone know a good wheel repairer or place in Sydney and how much they charge? This is for my XXR527 in chromium black. I paid about $250 per rim, so hopefully somewhere that doesn't charge an arm and a leg, yet does a good job :)

The scratch is minor, but it is noticeable (can see the whitish/silver showing from under the scraped/carved out paint!)

Cheers!

Nick

Hey Seb,

Thanks for that, I got the rims fixed up, however I got it done by the guy who is sent out by John.

His name is Chris Johnson and he worked for John the Wheelman for 2+ years and is now running his own mobile repairs business, am very pleased with the job, and whatever John/wheelman quotes he'll beat it! :) If you or anyone ever need anything done, this is the guy's number - 0432 063 181 (chris.a.johnson@gmail.com) He only works weekends as well.

Cheers!

Nick

Hey Brendan,

Send Chris a photo of your damage and he can give you a quote - he'll come to your place and fix it up, only takes about 1-1.5h at most :)

John the wheelman quoted me $160 to fix up about a 15cm gash, but Chris said he could do it for $130 - really top job, can't even tell the difference! :)

Tell him Nick recommended him to you, he'll know my name.