Special Edition ASV50 Atara-R

Adamsy

Hey everybody,

Just like with 40 series and big brother Aurion Toyota shortly will be once again offering a special edition Camry this time named Atara R.

Features above Altise are:

• 17" Alloys with full size alloy spare
  • Door Scuff Plates
  • Atara sports bumper and grill
  • Front fog lamps
  • Premium steering wheel
  • 6.1" touch screen display audio
  • Atara sports side skirts
  • "Unique" badging
  • Reverse camera
  • Dual exhaust with diffuser

Basically it looks pretty well exactly the same as an Atara S, i haven’t seen one yet but I’m not actually too sure what the difference between R and S will be they just about sound the same thus far. Not sure if R runs smart start/entry and the 135kw engine or the 133kw engine - Running dual exhaust you'd have to think it was the more powerful one. Time will tell.

http://www.toyota.co...alEdition_Specs

Pricing is around the $36,000 mark depending on your states, tax/duty, rego set up costs and dealers delivery charges.

Also our details indicate the "R" has the Atara's 135kw of power but only the Altise's peak torque figure of 231Nm. Not that you can really feel the difference.

Edited by Adamsy

6 speed auto and it's a 4cycl? The camry could do with more power.

Mmm I’m not really sure that it does, I mean the Camry and Atara are not for people who require masses of performance head room. The performance from the new 2.5 Dual VVT-i and 6 speed box with paddles is more than adequate it’s actually one of the quicker cars in its class. Performance is strong, smooth and refined if you really require more performance buy the Hybrid variants or an Aurion.

My in-laws have bought a 50 Series Atara S and I actually prefer the gearbox in that as opposed to our 40 Series Aurion, it just seems much more poised and responsive. Hopefully the 50 series Aurion has lost that docile acting transmission.

My in-laws have bought a 50 Series Atara S and I actually prefer the gearbox in that as opposed to our 40 Series Aurion, it just seems much more poised and responsive. Hopefully the 50 series Aurion has lost that docile acting transmission.

Oh for sure, the new Camry box and updated Aurion one are much better, sharper, decisive jiggers especially in Atara and Sportivo.

• 2 weeks later...

hey folks, i'm a new member here, but i just bought my first toyota today, this very car, still waiting on delivery, likely to be late next week, but basically it's in between the Altise and the Atara S, it misses the dual zone climate control, chrome door handles (which i'm not a fan of anyway), and the power front seat, other than that identical to the S

i'll throw some pictures up when i take delivery

I ordered one on the weekend as well. Had no idea it was a new model. Was a bit confused about what I was buying to tell you the truth. But all sorted now! It also doesn't have the sports-mode transmission. Looks like I'm getting the same color as you NikZak!

I rang for an insurance quote today and insurance co couldn't even find the right model.

I had a Celica as a P plater and hubby has an old Land Cruiser for the farm but generally a Ford family here so bit of a change.

i ended up getting the insurance through toyota, when combined with the extended warranty it entitles you to a single free claim each year after the first year (saves you your excess if you have a prang) and also was about $100 cheaper than any other quote i found

anyways folks, i have some photos up of it here, check it out