What Would You Do If Someone Scrached or Marked Your Car?

Stratos Kay

I doubt most would go to the local westfields to buy their groceries in 200k cars.

One obvious one is to park away from most & if possible, go shopping in places where most aren't around ( I mean as soon as the store opens or late at night when most of the traffic has gone).

When I had my 1zz there were many Instances where I'd wait for my wife in the car while she shops and I'd mind the kids, watching the random cars that would move in and out of the neighboring parking spaces next to mine. There were times when you'd see the good guys who notice your car and wrap their palms around their door just in case it gets too close to my car, but then there are those (larger) ladies in tall cars who've swung the door full strength to make room for their ample asses to get in/out of the drivers seat. I've been quick to confront them and if I had been more aware I'd have taped the whole incident instead of watching the whole thing happen in front of me.

Tried to buy a dash cam but got screwed on an eBay purchase in July - PayPal just sorted me out with my money back!

• 3 months later...

An a**hole once scraped down the side of my Gemini (nicely painted) from the rear quarter behind the rear wheel, all the way down almost to the front wheel... I was so angry I couldn't contain myself and stood yelling and carrying on in the carpark for a few minutes lol. Since that incident, when parking the Gemi anywhere I left someone in the car just incase another a**hole decided it was a great idea to scrape the whole side of my car.

What can ya do??? Not much :nono:

Since that incident, when parking the Gemi anywhere I left someone in the car just incase another a**hole decided it was a great idea to scrape the whole side of my car.

HerCress: Hey Jim, wanna come watch The Hobbit with me?

Jim: Sure

*drives to cinema*

*HerCress quickly jumps out and leaves Jim locked in the car*

Jim: Sorry mate, gotta leave someone in the car at all times.

• 2 weeks later...

An a**hole once scraped down the side of my Gemini (nicely painted) from the rear quarter behind the rear wheel, all the way down almost to the front wheel... I was so angry I couldn't contain myself and stood yelling and carrying on in the carpark for a few minutes lol. Since that incident, when parking the Gemi anywhere I left someone in the car just incase another a**hole decided it was a great idea to scrape the whole side of my car.

I had a similur thing happen to me when I had my prado ,only had it a week and some fwit decided to key up the whole side of the car,which was done in broad daylight in the front of a mates house while we were having a barby, I went to go and get some beers a noticed the damage, I went off my nut, the whole street would of heard me , if I ever caught the cu#t who did that to my car I would snap there fingers off and shove them up there a$%^ and then kick them in the nuts. It cost me $1600 to fix, I had to get the whole side resprayed.

\when parking the Gemi anywhere I left someone in the car just incase another a**hole decided it was a great idea to scrape the whole side of my car.

Get shock impact / Movement sensing Camera's installed....

• 4 weeks later...

This is why I believe all doors should be scissor lift Lol. I haven't had it happen to myself yet however I'm currently thinking of a way to integrate a shock sensor which would activate a recording function on two cameras on each side of the car facing towards the back of the car on each side. It would record 2 to 5 minutes before stopping to allow the car to leave the car parked area and grab there number plates. Having said that. It will only work on car parks which won't allow the person to drive forward out of the spot.

• 5 months later...

This happened to me ages ago in my previous white E46 BMW 323i, I was sitting in the car with my GF and her mate eating maccas (Hallam, Princes hwy) after a big night out. The kids in the next parking spot had a full car load of drunks.. one in the back left seat opened the door and knocked my rear right door.. as soon as I heard the knock, I got out the car grabbed the kid and asked him WTF his problem was, has he no respect etc.. as soon as I grabbed him, he started tearing up, my GF stopped me, he then jumped back in the car, they then sped off. There was only a tiny nick, so I polished it out and came up fine.. The reason I acted the way I did is because previously I parked at a club (Motel, city rd, south Melbourne) some d*** head had jumped on my hood, ruining it! I'm over idiots who are either jealous or simply don't care!

I now park far away from other cars in open, well-lit areas and haven't had an issue in 5 or so years :)

This happened to me ages ago in my previous white E46 BMW 323i, I was sitting in the car with my GF and her mate eating maccas (Hallam, Princes hwy) after a big night out. The kids in the next parking spot had a full car load of drunks.. one in the back left seat opened the door and knocked my rear right door.. as soon as I heard the knock, I got out the car grabbed the kid and asked him WTF his problem was, has he no respect etc.. as soon as I grabbed him, he started tearing up, my GF stopped me, he then jumped back in the car, they then sped off. There was only a tiny nick, so I polished it out and came up fine.. The reason I acted the way I did is because previously I parked at a club (Motel, city rd, south Melbourne) some d*** head had jumped on my hood, ruining it! I'm over idiots who are either jealous or simply don't care!

I now park far away from other cars in open, well-lit areas and haven't had an issue in 5 or so years :)

If you think people are jealous that you own an Aurion or a BMW 323i (lets face it, most people won't know/care if it is a 46/36/90 series 323i) you are having a bath. If it were an Aston/Lambo/Ferrari/Maserati it would be a different story.

Most people just don't care.

If you think people are jealous that you own an Aurion or a BMW 323i (lets face it, most people won't know/care if it is a 46/36/90 series 323i) you are having a bath. If it were an Aston/Lambo/Ferrari/Maserati it would be a different story.

Most people just don't care.

wot ish "having a bath"?

wot ish "having a bath"?

Noun. A laugh, often in the sense of ridiculing, hence often heard as "you're having a tin bath mate!", meaning "you're having me on and can't be serious". Cockney rhyming slang, from Cockney's pronunciation of bath as barf, so rhyming with laugh (pronounced larf). [London use]

So my usage of 'having a bath/having a tin bath' I am suggesting that he is having me on if he thinks people are jealous because one owns a BMW or Aurion.

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough look what some shunt did to mine over the weekend (Rukus)

534266 10201650292398899 1305719934 N

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Second, Sinking depressing feeling

Third, Where's me axe

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

Sorry to see that Crypt:( Some people man...

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

this is why i drive a pos civic as a daily... the rukus only comes out on the weekends... if i must go shopping or spend a decent amount of time away from the car while at a shopping center... 10 bucks to the wash'n'shop to let me park in their bays....

OMG finally a topic i feel so Strongly about & i do understand how each & every one of you feel when some body has Scratched your Pride & Joy when you have Worked so hard to get what you Deserve & for some Low Life to come & make you Suffer you feel like if you busted them in the act there is no telling what you would do & it is completely OK to feel in that way. When somebody stole my Wheel caps i was so angry & couldn't understand why they took them when they are only Wheel Caps but when i had paid a Visit to Beaurapaires to get them to give me some Spares as i had spent $900 Dollars with them thought i would get them to look after me a little more, and i so remember when i had driven in there one morning & the man with the Mohawk think it was Purple my favorite Color ;) had given me some words of Wisdom he said to me looking at my face directly Your Life isn't Worth those Wheel Caps & i said i Know but how can i not get angry then that same night when my wheel caps were stolen there was a very long Scratch on the side Rear of my car where i had my Star Sign Sticker. few weeks ago i finally got that Scratch repaired but they couldn't save my Sticker it had to come off which i didn't mind as i will be getting something more modern before the end of October as that is when i will be Leaving Cairns. OK my Car stands out just a little bit But does that Give anyone the Right to Damage in any way your Pride & Joy " HELL NO " that is why now i had no alternative but to get a Surveillance Security Camera & Just Recently a Car Alarm. when i go Shopping i always Park it under neath & i always Park it next to a Concrete Pillar & i always try to park it Closer to the Concrete pillar so nobody can walk past as i have busted them before People will Squeeze through any car in the Car park if they can & that's what gets me so Cross. So there is Hope & we Can Still have nice Cars Just be Careful where you Park it.

@ Cr

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

first of all i can't imagine how you must of felt seeing that & wishing to grab that Axe my heart is breaking the Damage looks Quite bad how can anyone call them selves a Human Being & don't Worry think the Swearing Helps :spiteful: i went in shopping with a friend we drove in my Car & we headed over & my Friend Said to me Sonia what is that on your Front Bumper well i Looked & then to my Shock Horror i seen the Brightest Pink Chewing Gum Stuck on my Pride & Joy, it may not have been Scratched but i can tell you i was Swearing like i have never done Before as i am now Fed up & Frustrated i just want People to Leave my Car alone but think that is asking for too Much here See for Yourself my Latest Video where i had the Camera Set up the Day the Chewing Gum was found i decided to make a Video & to Share & get People to see this is not Right we Must do what we Can to Protect our Pride & Joy but above all Protect our Sanity even though is only Metal, only us Know what it means to us. Don't Give up Fight Back Now where is that Axe I'll Join You, this was my Sweet Revenge Hope you like it i did :spiteful:

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

this is why i drive a pos civic as a daily... the rukus only comes out on the weekends... if i must go shopping or spend a decent amount of time away from the car while at a shopping center... 10 bucks to the wash'n'shop to let me park in their bays....

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

Nice Ride Chris!!! Well done!!!

@ Cr

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

first of all i can't imagine how you must of felt seeing that & wishing to grab that Axe my heart is breaking the Damage looks Quite bad how can anyone call them selves a Human Being & don't Worry think the Swearing Helps :spiteful: i went in shopping with a friend we drove in my Car & we headed over & my Friend Said to me Sonia what is that on your Front Bumper well i Looked & then to my Shock Horror i seen the Brightest Pink Chewing Gum Stuck on my Pride & Joy, it may not have been Scratched but i can tell you i was Swearing like i have never done Before as i am now Fed up & Frustrated i just want People to Leave my Car alone but think that is asking for too Much here See for Yourself my Latest Video where i had the Camera Set up the Day the Chewing Gum was found i decided to make a Video & to Share & get People to see this is not Right we Must do what we Can to Protect our Pride & Joy but above all Protect our Sanity even though is only Metal, only us Know what it means to us. Don't Give up Fight Back Now where is that Axe I'll Join You, this was my Sweet Revenge Hope you like it i did :spiteful:

Hey Sonia! Thanks for sharing your story! Nice video BTW... I'm thinking of getting a Crash Cam too...

@ Cr

Range of emotions:

First, swearing

Third, Where's me axe

Hey Sonia! Thanks for sharing your story! Nice video BTW... I'm thinking of getting a Crash Cam too...

first of all Thank You for appreciating my Video, if only you Knew how much it really has been a Struggle for me to Keep my Car Safe & most importantly Keep it Safe from the outside World. i guess the damage to my Rukus has been Minimal compared to others & my heart goes out to them in such a big way knowing how much money they have spent & knowing their Car means the World to them brings me to tears, OK i am a little emotional when it comes to Cars but we as human Beings should do what ever it takes to Protect our investment or what ever you like to call it. you see i work Job of an evening & it didn't take long before i started noticing my Car was becoming a little damaged. you see i parked it at a very Long Hedge & Bushes also & i didn't even realize that's where they were hiding. firstly my wheel caps were stolen & then the same night a very Long Scratch under neath my Star Sigh Decal or Sticker as i am Aquarius & i believe you are also :D well by only 4 days is good to meet another fellow Aquarian :rolleyes: I Welcome you & if i can Help you in any way that would make me much happy. in Today's Society there is way too much Crime, way too much bad things happening is Why everybody needs a Security Camera inside their Car, when you look at the whole Picture you can see that it would make Perfect Sense to invest in one & i can honestly tell you will Cost you under $100 dollars even if you decide to get from Over Seas as i did & to this Day i have not Regretted anything. i may be poked fun at from time to time saying look at her she has a Camera inside her Car, well don't let that Stop you, for example People invest in a lot on Money into their Houses & they themselves have Security Camera above to Protect themselves well what about our other investment our Beloved Cars.? Just remember the Police can't always be there also with out any Proof you can't Prove anything. So is why i Do what i do & Protect what i have invested in so that Just Maybe people will start to see my Rukus will not be an easy Target after all. i Wish you the Best of Luck & i do Hope you too will follow my Footsteps & finally take a Stand on any type of Willful Damage to our Beloved Cars. having the Camera will Give you that Peace of mind you have been Searching for what are you waiting for Do it now.!!

I had a no-hoper reverse into my car in a parking lot the week before my HSC...

He also reversed into my car as I was leaving my parking spot, I reversed out, stopped put the car into drive and saw him coming. Looked in front and a woman and child was walking, at that moment I knew I was hit :( The other driver jumps out of his car and yells "What the F**k are you doing you P plate c**t", and I replied with "I was stationary, and you hit me, My dash-cam proves that I was stationary when YOU hit me, and it now also has you abusing me."
After he finally calmed a bit, he then asked me who's fault it was, I gave him the same "I was stationary when I got hit, look at the damage on my car, you can clearly see where you hit and then went up the side of my car. If I was moving, the damage would of bee along my panel, not up it."
Funny thing was, he reversed into it in a Workshop car, since his car was being repaired >.<

Fun trying to blame someone in this instant, the shop finally took responsibility on their insurance and my car was repaired... As luck would have it, that was the one panel on the car that was damaged, and it got repaired along with the dent... $2500 worth of dent removal, paint and labor.

I had a no-hoper reverse into my car in a parking lot the week before my HSC...

He also reversed into my car as I was leaving my parking spot, I reversed out, stopped put the car into drive and saw him coming. Looked in front and a woman and child was walking, at that moment I knew I was hit :( The other driver jumps out of his car and yells "What the F**k are you doing you P plate c**t", and I replied with "I was stationary, and you hit me, My dash-cam proves that I was stationary when YOU hit me, and it now also has you abusing me."

After he finally calmed a bit, he then asked me who's fault it was, I gave him the same "I was stationary when I got hit, look at the damage on my car, you can clearly see where you hit and then went up the side of my car. If I was moving, the damage would of bee along my panel, not up it."

Funny thing was, he reversed into it in a Workshop car, since his car was being repaired >.<

Fun trying to blame someone in this instant, the shop finally took responsibility on their insurance and my car was repaired... As luck would have it, that was the one panel on the car that was damaged, and it got repaired along with the dent... $2500 worth of dent removal, paint and labor.

First of all i Congratulate you for staying Cool Calm & Collected & even though i am not a " P " Plater i can only imagine his tone of Voice & not forgetting blaming you first before asking or trying to figure out what happened. i believe those nasty A$$ driver's who lay blame first & rant & rave with everything else are Guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. OMG $2,500 worth the damage & his car was being repaired, did this guy get his license off the back of a cereal box coz he sounds like he need to be off the road where he can't abuse anybody else for his own mistakes. i guess he wasn't wearing his glasses or maybe he was a little drunk at the time, you never know with those Crazy unpredictable low life's as i like to call them. you know i wouldn't like to be a P Plater not in today's Society as i find more & more P platers are being Blamed for just about everything & we must not just lay all the blame on them, he definitely sounds like a no hoper one i not wish to run into ;) thank God for your dash cam where would we be without them, & i Bet he Settled down once you informed him of your dash cam hmm the Evidence is too much now you have him begging haha

People just dont get it.

Had a lady rest her rear drivers door against my passenger door with no hesitation whilst I was in sitting in my car. First I thought it was an accident and that she would immediately tend to it but she continued to put her bags in with the sound of her door intermittently making contact with my car.

I was ******. Accidents are ok, we've all been guilty of making contact with another car, but she had no intention to avoid contact.

I finally got out and stood around the front of the cars and ask if she thinks it will buff out. She looked at me, and looked my door, at me and at her door. She responded, 'it's not even touching..', just as she said that her bags fell out hitting her door resulting in a domino effect of her door hitting my car really hard All of a sudden I hear, 'WHAT THE F**K!!??' -- and at this point I'm thinking *Jeebus fking christ, I've approached the wrong woman* . Turns out to be the womans partner.. anyway, the guy was really apologetic and empathetic. He owned a R32GTR and cant stand it this type of stuff. We stood there talking about my Supra (2JZGTE) and his GTR for a good 20minutes and he gave me his details and $300 for the initial costs to repair...

Ended up costing much less and I gave him the change.