AE92 with 4AGZE running 14psi Pulley

Good day all.

Im looking at an AE92 with an imported 4AGZE motor in it.

Running 14psi pulley upgraded fuel pump to cater but apart from that pretty stock.

It has been advertised as engine swap has been done properly not cut and chop and just thrown in etc etc.

Anyways

What do you think of these motors.

I just sold my V8 to get something little cheaper to run but still want something with a bit of poke in it.

Are these motors quite ecenomical considering. (yes supercharger means more petrol)

Whats peoples fuel average experiences with these motors?

On the basis that it hasent been thrashed are the 4AGZE over all a good motor?

Any information would be a great help as i dont know alot about these motors so a little nervouse to be going down this path.

If its not this then ill probably just end up buying a cheap fuel sipper and SAVE SAVE SAVE lol.

Some of you may happen to notice this car as it is situated in the gong and you may be able to tell me if its a good car or not without me travelling all the way there and wasting my time :-)

Cheers.

post-963-0-84227800-1348785231_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-77631500-1348785266_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-81145500-1348785284_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRGEN3

You mean like the skinny wheels that came out on the sportivo's that are probably still quicker than this thing running 14psi?

Just saying.

You drive a car to its capapbilities.

If it needs wider tyres ill put wider tyres on it.

Tyres are irrelivent to my questions.

I just need to know about the motor.

Cheers.

You saying ur supercharger is slower than a stivo? I'll race ya then just to say I won against a supercharger lol

Yeh sorry disnt mean to be smarta5s?? no idea on the motors I've worked on the ae92 their fairly simple if u get dramas.

I could be mistaken.

Ive had a stivo. Pretty quick considering what it is.

I didnt think the supercharged 1.6L's were particularly quick.

If its quicker than Stivo then thats plenty for what im after.

Like i said just something that is cheaper than a V8 to run but as im into my cars i still want something with a little bit of poke in it thats all.

I phoned the guy. Apparently its a clutch driven pulley so if im just putting around then the supercharger wont be engaged so i wont be wasting petrol.

Sounds perfect for what im after.

Dont know i suppose all i can do is check it out.

If its running smooth. Feels good to drive. Then what have i got to lose.

Just take someone with me that has half an idea about these motors haha.

Bugger. Was a day late. Intented on getting there today or tomorrow to check it out and he sold it just this morning.

Oh well.

Keep looking then.

Maybe a toyota starlet it is then. if i wanna save petrol well hey whats better than 6L/100km lol (for the money im spending anyway)

That's not the neatest swap in the world... they've done a crap job with the radiator, should have used an SX radiator so the hose doesn't run over the headers, also has a dodgey fuel filter setup, doesn't look to be running powersteering and has no AC...

That's a series 2 4agze, from a 1st gen AE92 Levin/Trueno GTZ. It's the Airflow-metered bigport 4agze, so makes less power than the 3rd gen smallport GZE found in the 2nd gen AE92 GTZ's. I'd also bet the car has an open-diff E52 box if they've used the one that came with the engine, you would hope they haven't bolted it up to the original C series box but I've seen that done before.

The car probably makes 90-100kw atw depending on what sort of dyno you strap it to with the oversized crank pulley for more boost. Overboosting that charger will reduce it's lifespan significantly, but when it does die at least you can turbocharge the long motor fairly easily. They've also got the stock top-mount on that so the engine wont really be doing well in regards to intake air temp.

I did a similar swap back in 2003, but used the later 3rd gen smallport GZE with an 11psi pulley and HKS cooler. It made 103kw atw on a dyno dynamics in shootout:

2.jpg

Edited by CHA54

Well it ended up selling on me anyways.

I think more trouble than its worth not knowing how it was done. History etc.

Well i ended up picking up a stock 1990 SX 4AGE everything is smooth.

Runs well, drives well, no noises. Timing belt and seals recently done.

I was quite surprised by this motor. Acts like its on speed. Constantly felt like it wanted to go faster.

Maybe not as quick as my V8 i just sold but by far alot more toey and energetic than my V8 haha.

Now becasue i cant help myself time to look into the go fast parts LOL.

Just to give it a little more life. Not looking into superchargers or turbo's (For now)

Can anyone direct me into the right direction to source this sort of stuff.

Descent intake.

Exhaust specs/size i should be looking into.

mild brake and suspension upgrade

and a few little nick nacks in the interior i want to fix or add like electric windows etc etc

Cheers for any help in advance.