Aurion Wing Mirror Indicator Lens Replacement

currajong

Need to urgently replace a broken(non-weatherproof) indicator lens on an aurion wing mirror. I would appreciate suggestions on how this is done. I have only the usual screwdrivers/spanners/pliers at my disposal- no special tools.

I have heard that it's a simple process, but I'm afraid of doing damage without correct advice.

All help acknowledged and gratefully received.

Thanks.

currajong

Hi Currajong,

You just remove the painted back of the mirror, that would be the cover pointing to the front of the car, you just move the mirror glass around and if you look behind it (you may need a torch) you will see the plastic clips that hold the cover on, you have to unhook them and take the cover off (using a screwdriver), this will give you access to the screws that hold the indicator assembly. Just unscrew it and replace it with the new one, there should be a plug to disconnect the old one. It's not easy, if you ask a panel beater or spray painter how to take them off they will show you and may even do it for you for free, they can do it in about a minute if you have trouble, biggest problem doing it is trying not to break something or scratch the paint, wrap your tools in a rag when you use them, the Aurion/Camry manuals on here show you how to remove them, just do a search or look in the frequent questions thread, it's the 1st one under Aurion.

Hope that helps.