A Toyota with heart and soul?

Might I also add that the new 86 is actually a pretty good looking car in modern standards? It's what Toyota should be aiming for with all their cars...

It's a good looking car, but the opinion of whether that's the design they should be aiming for with all their cars is pretty subjective based on individual opinions. Personally I think they should keep designing their family cars like the Camry and Aurion with the sharp features that the Atara has.

My dad's 08 SR5 xtra cab 4.0 V6 has plenty of heart and soul for my liking, especially with the chrome grill. It has the show and ALOT of go. Runs the xr6 close i would say.

Corolla's of every generation for me also have that something special about them IMO. I guess it comes down to taste. As said above, Toyota's world wide sales state that they are very desirable.

Edited by VernonKoekemoer

To be honest, I see that grille on just about every single done-up Hilux around.

Part of having heart and soul is individuality, uniqueness, something that your car can provide that no other one can (or few others).

To be honest, I see that grille on just about every single done-up Hilux around.

Part of having heart and soul is individuality, uniqueness, something that your car can provide that no other one can (or few others).

Pretty much.

A chrome grill is not a fundamental feature of 'heart and soul'.

It's all pretty subjective but i see where the op was heading when he asked the question and posted that pic.

Toyota worked out a long time ago that plain and boring is appealing to the masses...... but so did ford, holden, subaru,nissan, honda etc etc etc.

Hopefully going to this yrs motorshow will make me a believer in good car styling again :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's all pretty subjective but i see where the op was heading when he asked the question and posted that pic.

Toyota worked out a long time ago that plain and boring is appealing to the masses...... but so did ford, holden, subaru,nissan, honda etc etc etc.

Hopefully going to this yrs motorshow will make me a believer in good car styling again :D

One can only hope :)